PDA

View Full Version : New paint! No big deal.

BlackBird
06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Got the new paint back and after a redo and a number of discussions and a consensus, the
'ghost flames" are seriously ghost flames! LOL! NO CAN SEE to good!!

I am going to run it for the rest of summer and the painter is going to fix me up this winter. This after the first painter had my sheet for near 6 months with not a drop of paint.
I'll say this for Chris at aerographix in Elyria - he does great work and is a stand-up guy. The base and clear are phenomenal and I almost do not care about the flames.

The best part are the original 1953 Panhead badges. The old timers are going to blow a fockin' gasket when they see it.

T, I's knows hows to get even! 5936

Bagger
06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Very cool blackbird.So the painter is going to redo them for you?

BlackBird
06-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Very cool blackbird.So the painter is going to redo them for you?

Yes, I was tired of the whole damn process and Just wanted to ride. I actually like the straight black look. I'm not one for flashy or busy, colorful paint. Especially on the DX. After pearl made the flames way bright we re-shot them in clear with charcoal flake, they looked great until the clear coat brought the black out to much. Maybe charcoal paint with flake next time. I also saw a really cool Harley color called Merlot, it's black at certain angles and a dark maroon when lit up. Anyway I'm just happy to lose the stock crap Harley put all over it. I hate stock paint.

Thanx Bagger.

chchfatboy
06-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Well black bikes ARE faster. Nice badges.

Bagger
06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Yes, I was tired of the whole damn process and Just wanted to ride. I actually like the straight black look. I'm not one for flashy or busy, colorful paint. Especially on the DX. After pearl made the flames way bright we re-shot them in clear with charcoal flake, they looked great until the clear coat brought the black out to much. Maybe charcoal paint with flake next time. I also saw a really cool Harley color called Merlot, it's black at certain angles and a dark maroon when lit up. Anyway I'm just happy to lose the stock crap Harley put all over it. I hate stock paint.

Thanx Bagger.

Everyone knows black is the fastest color.:smiley_beer1:

BlackBird
06-07-2011, 05:21 AM
You mean the flames would slow me down? LOL!

Roy
06-07-2011, 07:15 AM
only when they are burning, when you go so fast at some point no air to burn

Flame
06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
I painted mine black with blue ghost flames. They are only visible when the sunlight hits it, no one even realizes there are flames. But that's what I was going for. A buddy of mine ( who'm I've known and ridden with for years) was sitting at a redlight next to me when I heard him exclaim " HEY! IT REALLY DOES HAVE FLAMES! I SEE THEM NOW!" Yeah, he yelled. My Sporty is louder than his Victory.

BlackBird
06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I painted mine black with blue ghost flames. They are only visible when the sunlight hits it, no one even realizes there are flames. But that's what I was going for. A buddy of mine ( who'm I've known and ridden with for years) was sitting at a redlight next to me when I heard him exclaim " HEY! IT REALLY DOES HAVE FLAMES! I SEE THEM NOW!" Yeah, he yelled. My Sporty is louder than his Victory.

Sounds nice.

Problem with me is that the bike is all black, glossy, flat, wrinkle, mat, semi, ect. The only chrome are bolts. I do not want to add color although I'm thinking hard about that Merlot color.

Tbones
06-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Nice paint job bro... Do you have any other pic's of it, the one you posted is pretty dark but the lettering is outstanding, looks great bro... Congrats...

BlackBird
06-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Nice paint job bro... Do you have any other pic's of it, the one you posted is pretty dark but the lettering is outstanding, looks great bro... Congrats...

T, ain't nuttin' else to see. The black and clear are outstanding, Depth is awesome. Hard to photo black.
The badges did come out great and add a great touch.

Tbones
06-09-2011, 05:19 AM
T, ain't nuttin' else to see. The black and clear are outstanding, Depth is awesome. Hard to photo black.
The badges did come out great and add a great touch.

Absolutely bro, that badge is just frigg'en awsome bro, bet it looks great in the sun... Take some pic's of it out in the sun bro... You're more "bling" then I am :)... I'm stick'en with the pale black denim, low maintenance, don't have to worry bout wax'en it... I repainted my 05, lasted two months and got totaled... So much for custom paintwork :)...

BlackBird
06-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Absolutely bro, that badge is just frigg'en awsome bro, bet it looks great in the sun... Take some pic's of it out in the sun bro... You're more "bling" then I am :)... I'm stick'en with the pale black denim, low maintenance, don't have to worry bout wax'en it... I repainted my 05, lasted two months and got totaled... So much for custom paintwork :)...

Ya right, you with a big azz turbo hangin' off the fockin' side!!!! That ain't no bling? HP for sure but don't tell me you don't think the look is bad-azz!!!

BlackBird
06-09-2011, 06:37 AM
and put V-Rod under your avatar - and in front of that FLTh fockin'thing!

Tbones
06-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Ya right, you with a big azz turbo hangin' off the fockin' side!!!! That ain't no bling? HP for sure but don't tell me you don't think the look is bad-azz!!!

LOL well guess you got me there :)... Here's your cranolli :)...

Tbones
06-09-2011, 06:54 AM
and put V-Rod under your avatar - and in front of that FLTh fockin'thing!

I will after the makeover :)... Got to get my main ride running, almost there, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train coming at me :)