PDA

View Full Version : new 2012 Vrods

Hobbit
08-02-2011, 12:14 AM
they look amazing the night rod special has finally got upside down forks and looks awesome in the Eye rendering Orange i love it it finally looks right and finished - now i hope they gave it more of a bite as well :D

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_GB/Motorcycles/night-rod-special.html#/c/pnw

i see one in my future maybe, mated with a V&H outlaw pipe and mid controls

thaihog
08-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Like the orange Rob very nice ... But don't want one in my garage just yet

Hobbit
08-02-2011, 12:29 AM
there quick and a hoot to ride but it isnt my Fatboy, i would have one but it will have to be as well as :D and at the mo thats a HUGE NO NO

thaihog
08-02-2011, 12:37 AM
I would like one just for drag racing straight line stuff lol ...I watch some of the guys who ride with us in the country and handling in the wet is seriously bad in the corners ......

Hobbit
08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
really i found them ok you just have to grab em by the scruff and shake them, there not in the same league as say a sporty IMO but with the new upside down forks they are much much better that dont flap at 120+

clutchglass
08-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Never been even remotely interested in the V Rod...but I do have to admit it'd growing on me. Neat looking scoot...and at 125 ponies...I'm betting it can scoot too.
-clutch-

Tbones
08-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Oh you boyz don't know what your miss'en :)... I'm waiting for final parts to arrive, should be this week, and I'll do the makeover on my Nightrod :)... 125 hp is puppy dog poop :)... Oh, and I'll take on any Sporty in corners :) Just got to know how to ride these babies... They have the exact same lean angle as sporty's and the exact same weight... Even a lil lighter once you take the stock pipes off and put a turbo on :)

Tbones
08-02-2011, 07:12 AM
I would like one just for drag racing straight line stuff lol ...I watch some of the guys who ride with us in the country and handling in the wet is seriously bad in the corners ......

That's probably more attributable to the tires and not the bike bro... If they are running Duncraps then yes, in wet road conditions they stink... Put a set of Avon's or Metzlers on em and they do just fine :)...

Jaystronghawk
08-02-2011, 07:12 AM
I could see myself on one .. have to be orange .. but think am pretty well stuck with what I have ..

Tbones
08-02-2011, 07:16 AM
they look amazing the night rod special has finally got upside down forks and looks awesome in the Eye rendering Orange i love it it finally looks right and finished - now i hope they gave it more of a bite as well :D

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_GB/Motorcycles/night-rod-special.html#/c/pnw

i see one in my future maybe, mated with a V&H outlaw pipe and mid controls

Yup, looks like they went with the same frontend as the Buell 1125R... Which is good because I was wanting to convert mine but Storz discontinued making inverted forks for V-Rods... Now that they come standard on the new Nightrods, I can convert thru the MOCO next year :)... I was set to do it this year but the extra monies I had to spend on the bagger put a kibash to that :(...

Bulldog hog
08-02-2011, 02:35 PM
The new Vrods look good, not too sure about the upside down forks for getting damaged by stone chips but I like the new wheels on the Night Rod, which are a lot lighter than the old ones.

For riding in the wet, I fitted a set of Avon Cobras on my Night Rod, they are a far superior tyre than the Dunlops and are excellent in the rain.

Riding a standard Night Rod aggressively is a real hoot, I cant imagine what the bike would be like with a turbo fitted

:jumpinggrins::jumpinggrins::jumpinggrins::jumping grins::jumpinggrins::jumpinggrins::jumpinggrins::j umpinggrins::jumpinggrins:

fisherman124
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
That's probably more attributable to the tires and not the bike bro... If they are running Duncraps then yes, in wet road conditions they stink... Put a set of Avon's or Metzlers on em and they do just fine :)...

duncraps i like that T lol

Hobbit
08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
well the Fatty was in the dealers for its new clutch pack and steels under warranty - primary oil stunk of burnt clutch after 600 miles !!!!!!! well new pack is a revelation - not to mention the dealer tried and tried to get me on the new Vrod specficially the new Anniversary model = i off handedly said if you can fit it with shorter controls or mids i might be interested - so they sent me packing to look at the switchblade - comfy bike for shorties and looks better in the flesh than any pic - unknown they were pricing up a Sedona orange Night rod Special with reduced reach bars, pegs and the new reduced seat - man they tried everything in the book even - down to financials being cheaper than the FB LOL

Bagger
08-05-2011, 06:14 PM
well the Fatty was in the dealers for its new clutch pack and steels under warranty - primary oil stunk of burnt clutch after 600 miles !!!!!!! well new pack is a revelation - not to mention the dealer tried and tried to get me on the new Vrod specficially the new Anniversary model = i off handedly said if you can fit it with shorter controls or mids i might be interested - so they sent me packing to look at the switchblade - comfy bike for shorties and looks better in the flesh than any pic - unknown they were pricing up a Sedona orange Night rod Special with reduced reach bars, pegs and the new reduced seat - man they tried everything in the book even - down to financials being cheaper than the FB LOL

Sounds like you need to work on frequent flier miles or gold card bike purchasing packages lol.Me, I buy em and keep em lol.

Hobbit
08-05-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm loving the fat boy it's going to take nothing less than a nuclear blast to get me
Off it :)

ultrat
08-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Yea its a COOL bike ';';';'

BlackBird
08-08-2011, 05:46 AM

Seriously? Damn, they need learn how ride then. My DX has out handled and out-cornered any and every air-cooled Harley I've owned with the exception of the Sporty's. Wet or dry. Besides at 111 on that ground I can outrun the rain - LOL!!

BTW - "Inverted Forks"

BlackBird
08-08-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm loving the fat boy it's going to take nothing less than a nuclear blast to get me
Off it :)

Maybe one of us will blow by you on a v-Rod and assist you with that.

Hobbit
08-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Maybe one of us will blow by you on a v-Rod and assist you with that.

the blast happened - the wife wants to ride again mean i need a bike with proper pillion seat so the fatty is almost out and the new rods are deffo out they have a pillion seat for a CAT its not a seat LOL

Tbones
08-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Seriously? Damn, they need learn how ride then. My DX has out handled and out-cornered any and every air-cooled Harley I've owned with the exception of the Sporty's. Wet or dry. Besides at 111 on that ground I can outrun the rain - LOL!!

BTW - "Inverted Forks"

What inverts are you runn'en bro? Storz/Ceriani discontinued making inverted forks for rods... But now that the MOCO has come out with them for the new nightrod, I'm thinking bout getting it next year for my nightrod... Almost done with the makeover, got to install the turbo and Pingle EZ shifter yet but somehow I missplaced the brace for the turbo so now I'm on hold until I get another one from Trask... I sure do like the Arnotts, I can slam this baby big time :)... I've missed you bro, you must be busy rid'en :)... Take care...