PDA

View Full Version : Chops Garage

Hobbit
09-01-2010, 03:59 AM
here is the the link to Choppers new address for his shop, its via his face book page

Ride safe

http://www.facebook.com/chops.garage.page

tcy2k
09-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Best wishes to you Chopper in your new location. In the long run it will probably turn out better for you that the city closed you at your home location.
ken

ultrat
09-01-2010, 07:48 AM
best wishes...chop...A Blessing on Your new location......

Jaystronghawk
09-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the Link CVO .. Checked it out and clicked the Like Button so can do a following with it .. Kind of far from me but one never knows where I may be anymore maybe next year might add it on to the List as heading west after Sturgis to see a few more things on my bucket list ...

RumRunner
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Looks like a great place, wish it was close to me, need to find a good indy around here.

Walleye
09-01-2010, 03:04 PM
If I am not mistaken, on his website page he has a picture of Cat linking to the .com!!! LOL!:oops::oops:

RumRunner
09-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Good point, didn't even notice that

Bagger
09-01-2010, 06:06 PM
You wont find a more helpfull,knowledgable guy than Chopp anywhere.

Harleypr
09-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Was this post started by "the" Hobbit from .com? If so glad to see you here and I'm the one that was banned for posting about Leatherworks and you were surprised at the action. Welcome to a forum that treats people with respect. That's all we ever ask just common courtesy and Richard, CVO and Clint have it in spades.

Animal1979
09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Chopper does have a wealth of knowledge and it's great to get him on any site!
BTW Hobbit and CVO are one in the same! :)
Rob when I first read the post I didn't even notice you had changed your screen name.

Walleye
09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Animal... I never noticed until now either! He is a sneaky little devil! LOL!

Chopper
12-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the add Rob and thanks everyone for the support & kind words. It's great to be part of this forum, and Walleye you must not have been on my website for a while, Cat is gone along with the link to the .com place LOL, I still visit that place because I still have a lot of old friends there, although I see more & more of them here everyday :), plus knowlage is everywhere so I leave no stone unturned. I do miss Cat's pic on my web page Walleye so with Richards consent I might just put her back up with a link to HarleyTalking.com. And tcy2k just for the record the city never did shut me down, they tried but I went before the Mayor and city council, they granted me the right to operate from my garage at lease till next spring, but while the fall is not the best time to open a motorcycle shop in the north country I found a building and felt the timing was right. And RumRunner, I wanted to thank you for posting the Reda gas cans post, I checked them out, they looked really cool and became a distributor , sold three of them the same day I placed my first order.
If anyone ever passes through Pocatello, Idaho I stock Spectro 6-speed fluid, Mobil 1 oil & Genuine HD oil filters.
You don't have to need something to stop by, coffee's always on and everyone's always welcome!

Hobbit
12-08-2010, 12:15 AM
chopper i got the email and will sort the proper ad out soon for you so it banners on the site :D

RumRunner
12-08-2010, 12:22 AM
RumRunner, I wanted to thank you for posting the Reda gas cans post, I checked them out, they looked really cool and became a distributor , sold three of them the same day I placed my first order.

No problem Chopper, it was the best gas can I had seen so I just ordered it and it was even better made than it looked like on the web, so I was happy. Thought some may like to try it out, glad you were able to work it into your shop....

RichardS
12-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the add Rob and thanks everyone for the support & kind words. It's great to be part of this forum, and Walleye you must not have been on my website for a while, Cat is gone along with the link to the .com place LOL, I still visit that place because I still have a lot of old friends there, although I see more & more of them here everyday :), plus knowlage is everywhere so I leave no stone unturned. I do miss Cat's pic on my web page Walleye so with Richards consent I might just put her back up with a link to HarleyTalking.com. And tcy2k just for the record the city never did shut me down, they tried but I went before the Mayor and city council, they granted me the right to operate from my garage at lease till next spring, but while the fall is not the best time to open a motorcycle shop in the north country I found a building and felt the timing was right. And RumRunner, I wanted to thank you for posting the Reda gas cans post, I checked them out, they looked really cool and became a distributor , sold three of them the same day I placed my first order.
If anyone ever passes through Pocatello, Idaho I stock Spectro 6-speed fluid, Mobil 1 oil & Genuine HD oil filters.
You don't have to need something to stop by, coffee's always on and everyone's always welcome!

Chop, feel free to use Cat's pic anywhere you like and please link it back to www.harleytalking.com

Let me know if you prefer her "Christmas pose" (I can't show it here outside the adult area) and I'll send it to you for use during the Holidays!

rothladoad
12-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I see a ride to Pocatello in my future. Would be a fun trip.

ultrat
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
YEP !!!!!! ill need a long weekend'';' Boss...

clutchglass
12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Chop, feel free to use Cat's pic anywhere you like and please link it back to www.harleytalking.com

Let me know if you prefer her "Christmas pose" (I can't show it here outside the adult area) and I'll send it to you for use during the Holidays!

Hey big boy...some of us never survived .com long enough to have seen it...I'll be looking for a treat in the Animal House!!!! LOL
-clutch-

clutchglass
12-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Chop I was just singing the praises of the Odysse Battery a week, or so ago, after I noticed you sell them.
-clutch-

will2002
12-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm thinkin' next spring might be a really good time for a little "ROAD TRIP" to Idaho!:)

Walleye
12-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the add Rob and thanks everyone for the support & kind words. It's great to be part of this forum, and Walleye you must not have been on my website for a while, Cat is gone along with the link to the .com place LOL,

Hi Chop! The post date was 9-1, so that would have been the date! LOL! I was not trying to make waves, I thought it was kinda funny. I will definitely make it through Idaho sometime hopefully soon. When I do I will be wearing my Chops Garage T shirt... and I am sure I will need something!

Chopper
12-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi Chop! The post date was 9-1, so that would have been the date! LOL! I was not trying to make waves, I thought it was kinda funny. I will definitely make it through Idaho sometime hopefully soon. When I do I will be wearing my Chops Garage T shirt... and I am sure I will need something!

Never a wave to be made with me Walleye, it was kinda funny, it really would be great to see you, that's for sure, and Richards, Cat is back on my main page of my website linking to Harleytalking.com :) "as it should be" and I would be happy to use any X-mas pix's for the Holidays too.
Clint, I found Odyssey Batteries after parting from the stealership, I always thought Harley's AGM batteries were the best but found Odyssey's AGM batteries offer better bang for the buck and are a top quality battery. The two year over the counter (full replacement) warranty is better then HD's 6 months, they double or triple the cranking amps for the first 5 secounds which makes them ideal for stroker motors and I can sell them for less.

clutchglass
12-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Never a wave to be made with me Walleye, it was kinda funny, it really would be great to see you, that's for sure, and Richards, Cat is back on my main page of my website linking to Harleytalking.com :) "as it should be" and I would be happy to use any X-mas pix's for the Holidays too.
Clint, I found Odyssey Batteries after parting from the stealership, I always thought Harley's AGM batteries were the best but found Odyssey's AGM batteries offer better bang for the buck and are a top quality battery. The two year over the counter (full replacement) warranty is better then HD's 6 months, they double or triple the cranking amps for the first 5 secounds which makes them ideal for stroker motors and I can sell them for less.

Chop,
In my former life, I worked on a battery project for the army. It was a lengthly study of batteries, and how to increase their reliability in 2 specific scenarios:
1. ) Battery systems that set for extended periods of time.

2.) Battery Systems that have an unusually high demand placed on them.

Three products came out on top of the study that saved the army a lot of money:

1.) Odyssey Batteries: Electrolyte Starved (also called dry cell) are hands down the best, and are now used in high demand weapons systems such as mobile missle launchers, and major mobile communications systems.

2.) Solar Trickle Chargers: In sunny environments do a lot for increasing battery life on vehicles that see infrequent use.

3.) Pulse Chargers: Far superior to the older "conventional" type chargers. These things greatly reduce sulfate problems, and extend battery life.

-clutch-
P.S. How much are one of your batteries for my 09 Ultra shipped?

Chopper
12-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the info on the Odyssey's Clutch, Sometimes my supplier is slow getting me new stock because of the military demand for them, or so they say, but I always try to keep at lease one fitment for every Harley in stock all the time. The touring batteries (925L) are a side post mount (like 08 & earlier) but I have installed them in a 09 FLHX and the stock battery cables work fine, I sell them for $128.68 after my everyday 10% discount, and I see J&P Cycles sells the same battery for $239.99 (part #350-155), they have a pic of it on line if you want to see what it looks like, only difference between J&P's PC925 and the one I sell, is mine is a PC925L which means the pos post is on the left side of the battery, the same as stock, makes for a easier install. Don't know what shipping would be but can check on it for you, my shipment of Reda gas cans are coming in Wednesday and I have to take one to the post office to see what size box they will fit in so I could take a Odyssey with me too if you would like and get back with you on the shipping price.

RumRunner
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
I used to use Odyssey batteries in my plow trucks. Can't beat them, and I've never had one die on me. I ran a lot of lights, plus the plow setup and never had a failure. Could even keep the lightbar and strobes going without the engine running and never had to worry about coming back to a dead battery. Didn't even know they made bike batteries, but now that I do, you can bet that is what I'll be using for my next one....

ultrat
12-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Kay has one in her 57.....starts every year'';';

Twisted
12-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Chop, Don't forget the deal the US post office has on the Box shipping "If it fits..It ships" or something like that. I think it is some sort of flat-rate shipping deal.
Maybe that can help save some $$ on shipping.

clutchglass
12-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Chop,
This is an incredible price. I'm not at the moment looking for one, but at that price I'm pretty sure you'll be where my next battery comes from. The only thing I'll need to check on is the fit with my power commander installed. The connector to the ECM slides down in the (very tiny) space at the front of the battery.
-clutch-

Thanks for the info on the Odyssey's Clutch, Sometimes my supplier is slow getting me new stock because of the military demand for them, or so they say, but I always try to keep at lease one fitment for every Harley in stock all the time. The touring batteries (925L) are a side post mount (like 08 & earlier) but I have installed them in a 09 FLHX and the stock battery cables work fine, I sell them for $128.68 after my everyday 10% discount, and I see J&P Cycles sells the same battery for $239.99 (part #350-155), they have a pic of it on line if you want to see what it looks like, only difference between J&P's PC925 and the one I sell, is mine is a PC925L which means the pos post is on the left side of the battery, the same as stock, makes for a easier install. Don't know what shipping would be but can check on it for you, my shipment of Reda gas cans are coming in Wednesday and I have to take one to the post office to see what size box they will fit in so I could take a Odyssey with me too if you would like and get back with you on the shipping price.