HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Pinball Champion! Sleigh Away Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
    Bike
    2006 Roadking
    Yep I have the GoPro and I really like the results of the video. I like the waterproof nature of the casing but I wish I would have taken Clint's advice about making a makeshift cover that can be removed when you use it. Some of those States have an amazing amount of bugs!

The battery life is not what was advertised though. I was told that I could leave it on and video for up to 5 hours. Reality was closer to an hour or two of taping MAX and even if I only recorded half that time the battery would be dead in 2 hours or so. I got used to turning the camera off between uses but if it is mounted out of easy reach you will need the one with the remote control.

I need to take the time to put together a video from my trip and post it up. If you have any questions you can send me a PM if you want

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by magicmark1 Click here to enlarge

As for the vibration, I've found some success with minimizing it with some vibration damper on the actual mount where you connect it to the camera. It'll take away a lot of the vibration.
    In case anyone missed it, I cured vibration with a rubber washer, short video of before and after thread posted earlier:

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Bike
    07 Electra classic
    I love my go pro. I use it for many things, hunting riding , fishing ..etc.

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    That's cool sky...ya fixed it!
    -clutch-
    PS This is something I've been meaning to do for a long time...just can't get around to giving up the dough.
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    That's cool sky...ya fixed it!
    -clutch-
    PS This is something I've been meaning to do for a long time...just can't get around to giving up the dough.
    The mount threads didn't go down quite far enough for the camera to sit flush on the mount, just enough separation between mount and camera to allow the camera to jiggle.....doesn't take much jiggling to make a shaky video.....discovered the problem accidentally one day....after a couple months of frustration.
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2