HarleyTalking

Bike
    08 Streetglide

Integrating a New TSSM

Here is the procedure to marry a new TSM/TSSM to your bike when you install/replace it , otherwise it will not start/run.
    (Also posted in the diagnostic section)

The security system will not arm until the dealer programs the serial number of the FOB into the computer.

Harley ECM Password Learn Procedure

When installing a new ignition(ICM) or ECM on a security-equipped Harley there is a "Password Learn" procedure that must be performed. This applies to all Twin Cam and V-Rod models with factory security but may also apply to Twin Cam's with EFI. The TSM/TSSM and ECM have "learned" passwords that synchronize the control module with several other components. Once you remove a component from this chain the module shuts down and won't start. This is reported to only occur with EFI models but the new 2004 carbureted models demonstrate the same shut-down when changing the ignition module.

Once you have installed the ignition module and reconnected the battery, perform the starting sequence as normal. The engine will cough once in an effort to start but will fail when the module shuts off the fuel.

Special Note: During the Password Learning procedure the ignition will remain in the "On" position for an extended period of time (30+ minutes). While "On", power is supplied to the headlight thus draining the battery. If the battery charge drops below a certain level during the Password Learn procedure the process will cease and you will have to start over. To avoid this connect a trickle charger to the battery throughout the procedure.

Click here to enlargeMarryingnewTSM.jpg

The above steps must be timed and performed exactly as described. Any deviation will require you to start again from step 1.
    Click here to enlarge
    08 streetglide, 96 springer softail

Bike
    2012 Dyna Switchback and 86' FJ1200
    good info bagger Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    IBA MEMBER 40172
    SYLO SYLBP

I'm walking with Sophie tonight, She lives in the air that I breathe;
    I can't get it out of my mind, How you were left to bleed...
    Was it how you dressed?
    Or how you act?
    I can't believe, How they could act so violently,
    Without regret, , Well, we will not forget...

We are the others, We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders, But you can't hide us,
    We are the others, We are the cast outs
    You're no longer on your own, If you feel mistreated, Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone, We are the others

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Thanks Bagger. I hope it's info I never have to use.
    2010 Ultra Limited Merlot/Cherry Red