HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chrome Cash

Bike
    2013 Ultra Limited

Chrome Cash

Who else is using chrome cash to buy the goodies from the dealer, We have been using visa HD chrome cash for yrs, works out good for us, we own a repair shop and use the visa to pay the bills with, than add up the payments and send a check to the credit card comp. the same day to keep the intrest down. After a few months we cash in the credits for the chrome cash checks, average is in the $500.00 range and use them while on trips, as we like to stop in a the different dealers where ever we are going. Sometimes its a plan'd puchase, other times it is on impulse. Either way it makes it easier to walk out with something.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    As long as no black out dates..,..,.,.,. ha ha ...is there a yearly fee....
    From a WW1 RAF Flight Manual ...
    "If a crash at the home airfield is inevitable, try to hit something soft and, preferably, inexpensive"

What a bliss to fight your inner conflicts and wake up with a chaos filled mind. And above all else the streak of sarcasm that wouldn't leave your side
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6ly...e_gdata_player
    To our Soldiers, past an present, Thank You an God bless you....... Click here to enlarge...LORD I live by your Will. I shall die when you desire; Save me because you can..." "Never was fount so clear,
    undimmed and bright;
    From it alone, I know proceeds all light
    although 'tis night. .St John of the CROSS.."
    Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow." ST. Philip Neri.!! **
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

That would be nice, however I don't use a CC enough to ever collect many points.Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Ultra mostly, my 10 speed the rest of the time....still miss my StingRay bike.....green metalflake!
    It sounds like a cool program! I do something similar with American Express to get the Membership Rewards points, putting EVERYTHING I can (even groceries!) on the card, which has to be paid in full every month or they charge insane interest rates (it is after all a CHARGE card, NOT a "credit" card.)

A couple years ago we took our friends with us to Maui and those points paid for all of our flights! The cash value, if I had to buy the tickets, was $5700! Now, naturally, there are times when flights are a lot cheaper, and especially now that they are lowering fares on flights like that one where they really need to fill the aircraft to make the flight across the USA and thee Pacific worthwhile to them, but that's what those flights would have cost that day!

Now Tom, you have, as usual, a very good point about the yearly fees, which are a little expensive for the platinum card, but when we took that trip the fees seemed small by comparison. In addition, the few times I had a problem with a merchant, AMEX backed ME up 100%, and that also made me feel like they valued my membership.

Now I know it's not the same thing, but this whole subject reminds me of the cards I earned through those jerk-offs at Millville Harley, who I was loyal to for 25 years, and who sold gift cards which would be worthless the next day, and did so knowing they were closing the store, right up to the point where they locked the doorsthe final day without telling anyone. I had a bike there being repaired that I had to go pick up and saw dozens of other customer's bikes laying scattered around in various stages of disassembly. Those bikes got transferred to another dealer where the customer had to be at the mercy of the new dealer as to how and when and at what cost they would be made ridable again. But that's another whole long story for another time.

My point is, they had a "rewards program", and I have a couple hundred dollars tied up in these cards that I could have used to get some goodies for my bike, but they are now worthless.
    In fact, Cathy may have even already thrown them away while clearing my desk. I'll never trust a dealer again with an in-house rewards program. As soon as it's earned, it's cashed!
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    2008 Heritage Softail
    I dont have the HD card but I do exactly what Rich does. EVERYTHING goes on my CC and gets paid off at the end of the month, you would be surprised on the points you can rack up. I have used points for the last several rally trips (Hotel/Condo) that the wife and I have taken.
    My work CC is the AMX "Black Card" This card is amazing!!! Their customer service is out of this world, I have gotten plane tickects, hotels,rental cars at last minute and better rates if I would have booked in advance. They have helped me get clients into restaurants that were booked or had 2 hour waiting times. This card is better then the lady that sets up all my travel plans up in my office, I tell her to just book my flight and I will do the rest.
    I may need to look into this Harley CC and see if I can take advantage of some chrome cash!!
    Click here to enlargeThe beatings will continue.......until morale improves! Click here to enlarge

Yup. Us too. Absolutely everything possible goes on the miles card and then it gets paid in full every month. Ends up paying for a trip to the Caribbean every year. The credit card company must hate us since we just use and abuse them.
    Click here to enlarge ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!

09 Ultra - Black Pearl - PCV - SEAC - RUSH 4" Big Louie's

American Dogs - Vivid Black & Mellow Yellow
    PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER!

JOIN A.B.A.T.E. - "THE RIGHTS YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!"

Bike
    00 Road King Classic
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RichardS Click here to enlarge
    It sounds like a cool program! I do something similar with American Express to get the Membership Rewards points, putting EVERYTHING I can (even groceries!) on the card, which has to be paid in full every month or they charge insane interest rates (it is after all a CHARGE card, NOT a "credit" card.)

A couple years ago we took our friends with us to Maui and those points paid for all of our flights! The cash value, if I had to buy the tickets, was $5700! Now, naturally, there are times when flights are a lot cheaper, and especially now that they are lowering fares on flights like that one where they really need to fill the aircraft to make the flight across the USA and thee Pacific worthwhile to them, but that's what those flights would have cost that day!

Now Tom, you have, as usual, a very good point about the yearly fees, which are a little expensive for the platinum card, but when we took that trip the fees seemed small by comparison. In addition, the few times I had a problem with a merchant, AMEX backed ME up 100%, and that also made me feel like they valued my membership.

Now I know it's not the same thing, but this whole subject reminds me of the cards I earned through those jerk-offs at Millville Harley, who I was loyal to for 25 years, and who sold gift cards which would be worthless the next day, and did so knowing they were closing the store, right up to the point where they locked the doorsthe final day without telling anyone. I had a bike there being repaired that I had to go pick up and saw dozens of other customer's bikes laying scattered around in various stages of disassembly. Those bikes got transferred to another dealer where the customer had to be at the mercy of the new dealer as to how and when and at what cost they would be made ridable again. But that's another whole long story for another time.

My point is, they had a "rewards program", and I have a couple hundred dollars tied up in these cards that I could have used to get some goodies for my bike, but they are now worthless.
    In fact, Cathy may have even already thrown them away whole clearing my desk. I'll never trust a dealer again with an in-house rewards program. As soon as it's earned, it's cashed!
    HEy Rich, I have gift cards also and they are still good at the Wildwood store. They don't have much in the store, but you can get some stuff. If these are gift cards you are talking about, then they will take them, I used one a few weeks ago, they even checked all the balances on the cards for me.

Bike
    Ultra mostly, my 10 speed the rest of the time....still miss my StingRay bike.....green metalflake!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Clint Click here to enlarge
    Yup. Us too. Absolutely everything possible goes on the miles card and then it gets paid in full every month. Ends up paying for a trip to the Caribbean every year. The credit card company must hate us since we just use and abuse them.
    Ah but Clint, doesn't it feel GOOOOD to have THEM (the credit card companies) "bent over" instead of US like they'd have it if they could??
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    09 ultra black
    oh, im one of those bent over guys,,,,, OUCH..'';;';'
    From a WW1 RAF Flight Manual ...
    "If a crash at the home airfield is inevitable, try to hit something soft and, preferably, inexpensive"

What a bliss to fight your inner conflicts and wake up with a chaos filled mind. And above all else the streak of sarcasm that wouldn't leave your side
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6ly...e_gdata_player
    To our Soldiers, past an present, Thank You an God bless you....... Click here to enlarge...LORD I live by your Will. I shall die when you desire; Save me because you can..." "Never was fount so clear,
    undimmed and bright;
    From it alone, I know proceeds all light
    although 'tis night. .St John of the CROSS.."
    Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow." ST. Philip Neri.!! **
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    I have the HD card and use it for everything to get the gift certs. I used to use my LL Bean card, but have just about everything I can think of from them so I switched. I get a couple of hundred bucks in gift certs each month, works out very well.
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread