HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bike
    2017 EG Ultra Ltd CVO

O2 sensor removal

I am attempting to remove the O2 sensor (rear), with the sensor socket (long) have it undone part way and now it is become stubborn. I know I read here some way to "oil" the threads, but am not able to find it. I am wondering if someone is able to help with this info?
    Last edited by dawg; 09-22-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost.
    "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." Albert Einstein.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." Isaac Asimov.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I like pb blaster ,,, soak threads ,,, this is what I do ,,, I have started bike let run 30 secounds to warm pipe ,,, this helps ,
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2017 EG Ultra Ltd CVO
    Here's the problem.. I have taken the gas tank off... but if all fails I'll have fire it up. Thanks.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost.
    "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." Albert Einstein.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." Isaac Asimov.

Did you try running it back in?
    do`da-gag`hvi
    Native American by birth, Union by choice!

Bike
    2017 EG Ultra Ltd CVO
    Yes I did Tsani. But won't go back too much. Kind of no turn situation now. Is using penetrating oil going to help?

Bike
    2017 EG Ultra Ltd CVO
    Alright update... used some penetrating oil and it is lose now. I hope using this oil won't screw up the new sensor. I am going to wipe the bung and threat clean before running it the new sensor.

Bike
    2015 CVO Ultra Limited
    Be sure there is me rust where the sealing gasket seats. If you can run a tap through the threads do that and be sure to use some anti sneeze on the threads of the sensor or it may not come back out next time.
    Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Bike
    2017 EG Ultra Ltd CVO
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Joel Click here to enlarge
    Be sure there is me rust where the sealing gasket seats. If you can run a tap through the threads do that and be sure to use some anti sneeze on the threads of the sensor or it may not come back out next time.
    I have the rear senor off and will go in and clean it out. Good idea Joel.

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Like they said PB blaster let it sit give it time . run it ind and out a bit spray some more.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2017 EG Ultra Ltd CVO
    Hey thank you guys.. it work out well got both out. Looking at the threats on the sensors, they appear to be worn down. But since I am not using these it doesn't matter now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast