HarleyTalking

View Poll Results: What's your favorite after-market exhaust system for YOUR bike?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vance and Hines

23 32.86%
  • Rinehart

14 20.00%
  • Rush

6 8.57%
  • Screamin' Eagle

10 14.29%
  • Bassani

3 4.29%
  • Klock Werks

0 0%
  • Samson

3 4.29%
  • Supertrapp

2 2.86%
  • Thunderheader

1 1.43%
  • Other

8 11.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....

What's YOUR Pipe Choice? Let's see which one is the most popular around here!

OK! By request, we’re opening another area on the forum, this one dedicated to discussion about exhaust systems and the how, why and where-fores of our choices!

There are DOZENS of great choices by so many manufacturers that I can’t list them all here!

What I’ll do to kick off this new area is to post a poll, naming just SOME of the popular after-market choices so we can get an idea just HOW popular these choices really are!

I know this list is NOT “all-inclusive”!

Vote here if your pipes of choice are mentioned, or vote “other” if not, and then let’s get some conversation going after the vote about why you went with the choice you made!
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    2008 Heritage Softail

My Pipes

I went with the Rineharts.
    Went to a few rallys and bike nights to test ride the sound and look. I waited about 5 months before I pulled the trigger, been VERY happy with them.Click here to enlarge
    Scooter 006.jpg
    Click here to enlargeThe beatings will continue.......until morale improves! Click here to enlarge

I voted for Rush simply because I think all mufflers should have a multiple baffle options and that they should not cost an arm and a leg. Also, IMHO, The Wild Pigs are the same exact mufflers as the Rush and are a kick-ass deal at $170 shipped. Hey, it's all subjective when you're dealing with sound. If I wanted loud, I'd probably go with V & H Dresser Duals and the new Rinehart 4 inch slip's. I would not choose the Rinehart TD system because it is a 2 inch inlet on the 08's and earlier so that limits your muffler options. Plus, I personallydon't lioke the looks of the new Rinehart Xtreme TD system for the 09's and up. If I wanted to keep it mellow, I'd go with V & H Monster Ovals or KlockWerks SS with the 4 inch cans. If I just bought a new bike and wanted the immediate sound improvement, I'd just buy the Wild Pigs with the 1 3/4 baffle and ride my bike. Then once I upgraded to a fuel manager and air kit, I'd swap to the 2 inch baffles. All of this is soooooooooo subjective that it can drive you nuts!
    Last edited by Clint; 07-30-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    Click here to enlarge ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!

09 Ultra - Black Pearl - PCV - SEAC - RUSH 4" Big Louie's (Sold)

American Dogs - Vivid Black & Mellow Yellow (GBNF)
    PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER!

JOIN A.B.A.T.E. - "THE RIGHTS YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!"

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    I've tried a lot of brands, and over the years have bought bikes with after-market stuff I couldn't even identify that I liked! Click here to enlarge

But to really have to narrow it down I have to look at 3 aspects of my choice, in THIS order: (yes, some of you guys will laugh, but hey, this is how I do it!)

1. Sound! If it doesn't SOUND right, forget it! OFF my list!
    2. Price. In this day and age, "price" IS an object. I have kids! One out on his own and doing well, but another starting law school in a year and another with college still SIX YEARS away! (yes, at MY age.....the best "surprise" I have ever had!) So anyway, I look for a "good deal" on EVERYTHING I buy these days!
    3. Performance. I may not be a tech expert, but I do know how to read and ask questions! So I do some homework, talk to guys like YOU who know a LOT more than me, and ultimately try to buy a balance of what sounds good but is affordable AND will help my scoot run a tad stronger when coupled with the right TFI and air cleaner combo. Stage One is a far as I ever go so I try to do it right!

In the end, here's how THAT worked out for me!

V&H by far sounds the best, but that is obviously totally subjective. I like the Vance and Hines Billets on my red UC a lot, but they were expensive compared to my next choice which was....

Rush. I put Rush slip-ons on my other '03 Ultra, the Sterling Silver/Vivid Black 100TH Anniversary model I always wanted that I will probably be saying "goodbye" to soon. The guys who know me know I tend to buy a lot of bikes and own them a short while before selling them. In the end, my red UC is really "my bike". The Rush pipes sound great, and were WAY cheaper than the V&H!

I've tried others, but to tell the truth, it always comes back to those two brands for me. In fact, it's safe to say in the future I will be looking at even less expensive pipes now that there are deals out there like Clint mentioned, should I own another scoot that needs better sound. I just can't see spending 5-600 bucks for a set of pipes anymore. Not in my situation anyway.
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Went with Rush for one simple reason Best bang for the Buck .. If Money was no object Would be V&H ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

On the Electraglide I went with the Screamin Eagle slash cut slip-ons,but with the FXRS I really liked the looks of the turnout straight pipes that were on it,but they were a little too loud for this city! I managed to heat a pair of 4" x 1 3/4" baffles and get them past the turn outs.It still has great sound,just a little less volume.

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Animal1979 Click here to enlarge
    On the Electraglide I went with the Screamin Eagle slash cut slip-ons,but with the FXRS I really liked the looks of the turnout straight pipes that were on it,but they were a little too loud for this city! I managed to heat a pair of 4" x 1 3/4" baffles and get them past the turn outs.It still has great sound,just a little less volume.
    You were able to get baffles past those turn-outs?? Amazing work brother! How's it run with the baffles added?
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Runs much better.It needed the back pressure.Took the carb apart,cleaned it and re-tuned.You would be shocked at how strong it is!
    Now I just have to get rid of the small primary leak and it's 100% Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Animal1979 Click here to enlarge
    Runs much better.It needed the back pressure.Took the carb apart,cleaned it and re-tuned.You would be shocked at how strong it is!
    Now I just have to get rid of the small primary leak and it's 100% Click here to enlarge
    Wow, that's awesome! I thought it was pretty strong before! Guess knowing how to wrench yourself certainly has it's advantages!
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

If you would quit putting so many lights on them you could spend more time getting them to run stronger !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast