HarleyTalking

View Poll Results: What's your favorite after-market exhaust system for YOUR bike?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vance and Hines

23 32.86%
  • Rinehart

14 20.00%
  • Rush

6 8.57%
  • Screamin' Eagle

10 14.29%
  • Bassani

3 4.29%
  • Klock Werks

0 0%
  • Samson

3 4.29%
  • Supertrapp

2 2.86%
  • Thunderheader

1 1.43%
  • Other

8 11.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Animal1979 Click here to enlarge
    If you would quit putting so many lights on them you could spend more time getting them to run stronger !!
    Hmmm....that's a good point! But remember, I always relied on that dealer that closed to take care of my scooters...in retrospect maybe they weren't doing such a great job.
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HDTalkingOwner Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm....that's a good point! But remember, I always relied on that dealer that closed to take care of my scooters...in retrospect maybe they weren't doing such a great job.
    With a little luck Sam will see time behind bars.

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    Richard,
    I choose the same 2 you do...but in reverse order. I had Rush slip ons on my 06 Fatboy (Gone but not forgotten) and I absolutely LOVED them. I have V and H on my 09 UC. They are great pipes, but I think I liked the rush better. I had pythons on my heritage (another bike I miss) they were really loud, but just didn't sound as good as my rush and V&H.
    -clutch-

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HDTalkingOwner Click here to enlarge
    I've tried a lot of brands, and over the years have bought bikes with after-market stuff I couldn't even identify that I liked! Click here to enlarge

But to really have to narrow it down I have to look at 3 aspects of my choice, in THIS order: (yes, some of you guys will laugh, but hey, this is how I do it!)

1. Sound! If it doesn't SOUND right, forget it! OFF my list!
    2. Price. In this day and age, "price" IS an object. I have kids! One out on his own and doing well, but another starting law school in a year and another with college still SIX YEARS away! (yes, at MY age.....the best "surprise" I have ever had!) So anyway, I look for a "good deal" on EVERYTHING I buy these days!
    3. Performance. I may not be a tech expert, but I do know how to read and ask questions! So I do some homework, talk to guys like YOU who know a LOT more than me, and ultimately try to buy a balance of what sounds good but is affordable AND will help my scoot run a tad stronger when coupled with the right TFI and air cleaner combo. Stage One is a far as I ever go so I try to do it right!

In the end, here's how THAT worked out for me!

V&H by far sounds the best, but that is obviously totally subjective. I like the Vance and Hines Billets on my red UC a lot, but they were expensive compared to my next choice which was....

Rush. I put Rush slip-ons on my other '03 Ultra, the Sterling Silver/Vivid Black 100TH Anniversary model I always wanted that I will probably be saying "goodbye" to soon. The guys who know me know I tend to buy a lot of bikes and own them a short while before selling them. In the end, my red UC is really "my bike". The Rush pipes sound great, and were WAY cheaper than the V&H!

I've tried others, but to tell the truth, it always comes back to those two brands for me. In fact, it's safe to say in the future I will be looking at even less expensive pipes now that there are deals out there like Clint mentioned, should I own another scoot that needs better sound. I just can't see spending 5-600 bucks for a set of pipes anymore. Not in my situation anyway.
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2009 Heritage
    I've got to go with Vance and Hines.They race with their products so they must perform,right?Plus the sound of my true duals is music to my ears.

You're probably gonna laugh, but I love my stock pipes! The deep growling sound and muffled backfires!!! I find some pipes have to much "metallic" sound... Now there was one type of pipes that I didn't see in the list.... Cheers!!

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doc Click here to enlarge
    You're probably gonna laugh, but I love my stock pipes! The deep growling sound and muffled backfires!!! I find some pipes have to much "metallic" sound... Now there was one type of pipes that I didn't see in the list.... Cheers!!
    Doc, you're gonna laugh, but I swear to God, instead of "other" at the end of the list I has "stock" there first, but changed it since this is about "after-market" and I figured if anybody liked stock they would put that under "other". But just so you know, although you may be in the minority, I have some friends that feel the same way, even ONE that won't change a single thing on his bike or even add chrome! he feels like stock is the way it is "supposed to be". Now THAT is an uncommon view if ever I heard one about our bikes!!!! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    hey, is anyone else surprised that at this point "Screamin' Eagle" is the highest % in the poll?? I thought it would be in 3rd place myself! Just goes to show you that things aren't always what you expect! Which brand do you guys think will ultimately be on top?
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    2015 Ultra Limited
    I went with the Fuel Moto Jackpots, they are dyno tuned slipons. I had been reading on another site about how good Fuel Moto was and that some of the guys had been going through Fuel Moto for their pipes and EFI modules allot of good feedback on the jackpots. It is supposedly a 14 horse gain?? It has been a week and I still have not heard these pipes yet, I have had the bike on the rack for two weeks now. I have been having problem after problem, not only on the exhaust but other little things, but I think today I am going to lower it down and get it on the street. From what I did hear of them, they are a little quiet, but I think you can do a baffle change and louden them up. Like I said I have not had it on the road yet, so it is going to hard to determine if these are the right pipes or not. I was crossed with the new Rinehart 4" slipon's, I am thinking now that I should have got them. But I can still do that later on if these pipes don't work out to my taste.

It has been a good thing with the bike in the air. I have gotten done some routine maintenance and even added some bling!! Got more on the way, just waiting for the phone call to go pick it all up. Is there anything better than you new chrome arriving??
    Last edited by IrishHog; 07-31-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Bike
    2009 Heritage
    Yes...new chrome installed!
    Never make someone a priority when they only see you as an option!

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by IrishHog Click here to enlarge
    I went with the Fuel Moto Jackpots, they are dyno tuned slipons. I had been reading on another site about how good Fuel Moto was and that some of the guys had been going through Fuel Moto for their pipes and EFI modules allot of good feedback on the jackpots. It is supposedly a 14 horse gain?? It has been a week and I still have not heard these pipes yet, I have had the bike on the rack for two weeks now. I have been having problem after problem, not only on the exhaust but other little things, but I think today I am going to lower it down and get it on the street. From what I did hear of them, they are a little quiet, but I think you can do a baffle change and louden them up. Like I said I have not had it on the road yet, so it is going to hard to determine if these are the right pipes or not. I was crossed with the new Rinehart 4" slipon's, I am thinking now that I should have got them. But I can still do that later on if these pipes don't work out to my taste.

It has been a good thing with the bike in the air. I have gotten done some routine maintenance and even added some bling!! Got more on the way, just waiting for the phone call to go pick it all up. Is there anything better than you new chrome arriving??

Irish, those new big fat-ass pipes that are all the rage look really cool but I know guys who have had problems as a result, sometimes as goofy as not sitting right (level) under the bags on some scoots. But they sure do look cool.
    I have to laugh, you're asking the right guy about that feeling when the chrome comes in! Some guys, like CVOsporty, can, and do, make their bikes so fast they break land-speed records. If his bikes had wings they'd be soaring over the highway instead of ON it!! But I've always been more of a "bling" guy myself, so I can tell you I know exactly what you mean about that feeling! When I get a new piece of chrome all I want to do is take more pics of my bike and polish it some more. I know that's goofy and I would MUCH rather be RIDING, which I eventually do, but I always lose that first hour of ride time standing there looking at my bike with love and wiping at it like it's my first born son and the diaper change has to be PERFECT. (Any dads who ever changed a diaper will know EXACTLY what I mean! Remember how horrible you felt the first time your poor baby had diaper rash??)

I'm glad I feel like my "main ride" is basically DONE because life is less expensive now, but that thrill of the new bling is something I really miss!!
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast