HarleyTalking

View Poll Results: What's your favorite after-market exhaust system for YOUR bike?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vance and Hines

23 32.86%
  • Rinehart

14 20.00%
  • Rush

6 8.57%
  • Screamin' Eagle

10 14.29%
  • Bassani

3 4.29%
  • Klock Werks

0 0%
  • Samson

3 4.29%
  • Supertrapp

2 2.86%
  • Thunderheader

1 1.43%
  • Other

8 11.43%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by IrishHog Click here to enlarge
    Is there anything better than your new chrome arriving??
    I'm with you guys. It's great feeling to see that UPS truck coming up the driveway.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!

09 Ultra - Black Pearl - PCV - SEAC - RUSH 4" Big Louie's (Sold)

American Dogs - Vivid Black & Mellow Yellow (GBNF)
    PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER!

JOIN A.B.A.T.E. - "THE RIGHTS YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!"

Bike
    2015 Ultra Limited
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HDTalkingOwner Click here to enlarge
    Irish, those new big fat-ass pipes that are all the rage look really cool but I know guys who have had problems as a result, sometimes as goofy as not sitting right (level) under the bags on some scoots. But they sure do look cool.
    I have to laugh, you're asking the right guy about that feeling when the chrome comes in! Some guys, like CVOsporty, can, and do, make their bikes so fast they break land-speed records. If his bikes had wings they'd be soaring over the highway instead of ON it!! But I've always been more of a "bling" guy myself, so I can tell you I know exactly what you mean about that feeling! When I get a new piece of chrome all I want to do is take more pics of my bike and polish it some more. I know that's goofy and I would MUCH rather be RIDING, which I eventually do, but I always lose that first hour of ride time standing there looking at my bike with love and wiping at it like it's my first born son and the diaper change has to be PERFECT. (Any dads who ever changed a diaper will know EXACTLY what I mean! Remember how horrible you felt the first time your poor baby had diaper rash??)

I'm glad I feel like my "main ride" is basically DONE because life is less expensive now, but that thrill of the new bling is something I really miss!!
    I like the fatter pipes and these are pretty fat!! I know what you were talking about with the fit. It was a pain in the ass to to get these pipes level and they are still off. I am going to put it back on the rack tonight and level it off. I am going to have to switch baffles on these pipes, they are just a tad to quiet. They do sound nice and have really done some wonders for the bike. I did a performance upgrade with the Ness big sucker and I have noticed that the bike is running so much cooler. It has also made some big gains in the HP dept and it running much much smoother. I may just leave it alone and see if the quiet pipes grow on me. If they don't I am going to rip them off and throw on a set of Rineharts or Banssanis on. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Well they were not a choice and actually would have rather had Vance and Hines True Dual Headers but I will give an honoroable mention to my Freedom True Dual Headers on the Ultra .. Just in case any are not familiar with them they a Good Set up at a Good Price .. Don't have any truly good pics of the exhaust set up but can pretty see the layout on the Right hand side of them here .. The stock layout was burning Milady's Leg she is much happier now in her queen seat ..

Click here to enlarge
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2015 Ultra Limited
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twisted Click here to enlarge
    I went with the Rineharts.
    Went to a few rallys and bike nights to test ride the sound and look. I waited about 5 months before I pulled the trigger, been VERY happy with them.Click here to enlarge
    Attachment 162
    I don't know maybe it is me, but I had short shots on my previous Dyna and I did like them. They do look incredible on any bike, but the problem I had was I always smelled like fumes and gas after a ride. It would get in my clothes and I would stop for a brew or two and it would just give me a headache. I finally switched it over to the longshots and the problem went away. Maybe it is just me, but that is my only beef with the shorty pipes.

Here a couple of pics of before and after.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IrishHog; 08-10-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Bike
    08 Street Glide
    I have rinehart true duals on my bike but I also like the V & H HO's. Big pipe and big sound. My buddy has Rush mufflers on his Deluxe and they sound real nice as well. There are a lot of quality pipes out there so it just comes down to personal preference and how it sounds to you.
    2008 Crimson Red Sunglo Street Glide

Bike
    2012 Dyna Switchback and 86' FJ1200
    im a fan of Vance and Hines, i have them on Sporty and on my Glide, i have used Cobra, D&D, SE, Samson
    Click here to enlarge
    IBA MEMBER 40172
    SYLO SYLBP

I'm walking with Sophie tonight, She lives in the air that I breathe;
    I can't get it out of my mind, How you were left to bleed...
    Was it how you dressed?
    Or how you act?
    I can't believe, How they could act so violently,
    Without regret, , Well, we will not forget...

We are the others, We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders, But you can't hide us,
    We are the others, We are the cast outs
    You're no longer on your own, If you feel mistreated, Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone, We are the others

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Richard turned me on to a set of s/e's the older ones real groulers ,,,,for free ...Richard can't thank u enough.......
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2008 Deluxe
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Clint Click here to enlarge
    I'm with you guys. It's great feeling to see that UPS truck coming up the driveway.

Click here to enlarge
    WOW!!Click here to enlarge I'm with you Clint! Let me know when your next delivery is.Click here to enlarge
    Somebody help me up......this room is spinning!

Click here to enlarge 2008 FLSTN "Deluxe"

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Asphaltjunkie Click here to enlarge
    WOW!!Click here to enlarge I'm with you Clint! Let me know when your next delivery is.Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure I have something arriving on Monday.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!

09 Ultra - Black Pearl - PCV - SEAC - RUSH 4" Big Louie's (Sold)

American Dogs - Vivid Black & Mellow Yellow (GBNF)
    PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER!

JOIN A.B.A.T.E. - "THE RIGHTS YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!"

Bike
    66 FLH,79FXE,,07Ultra
    Rinehart true duels on my 07 ultra. Lke em alot . But the UPS girl could convince me to try something else. Maybe I'll just order big catalogs one at a time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast