HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rush Mufflers

Bike
    2015 FLHTK & 2006 FXSTSI
    I've heard many folks say Rush pipes are cheap, but these have been on the Springer for about 8 years now and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

WP_20130928_001.jpg

Bike
    07 Electra classic
    Nice looking scoot you got there Denis .

Bike
    2015 FLHTK & 2006 FXSTSI
    Thanks Razor! It's my favorite scoot and the very first NEW Harley I ever bought. To boot, the MoCo only made this particular model with the 200 rear tire one year and then discontinued it. Don't know why and it really gets up and goes for an 88. The only thing I did to it was to put in some Woods cams with a moderate .510 lift, change out the air cleaner as you can see from the pic, put on the Rush slip-ons and throw on a Dobeck Techlusion tuner. It gives my 103 bagger with about $4 grand in motor upgrades a run for the money.

I only have 17k miles on it and I bought it in August of '05 when the '06's first came out. Since then I burned up a Classic '06 bagger with 60k on it and my 2010 TK is just a hair under 60K now! Must be because the wife will only ride the bagger, she says the seat on the springer is like sitting on a Kotex. As you have probably surmised ..... I am a very smart biker. You buy the scoot you really like first that the wife can't really ride more than a couple of miles, lie about another, more comfortable, seat being available and guess what ........ she absolutely forces you to buy a more comfortable scoot that she can ride! Hmmmm ........ Although, wait a minute. I bought the springer a year before the '06 Classic, bought a new TK in 2010 and between the two baggers I've put on about 120k and I only have 17k on the Springer. Maybe I'm the one who got fooled?????????

A couple more pics:

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

Bike
    07 Electra classic
    Denis , either way you did fine . That is something that in my younger day I would ride anywhere . Only solo . Something like that would get me in trouble if It could ride someone .

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    That is an absolutely GORGEOUS springer. I had an 06 heritage that was the same blue. I loved it.
    -clutch-
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    I must agree with clutchglass.
    Rush makes a good product but the 2-1-2 headers like the fuel moto jack pots are a better header for HD engines.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2014 Ultra Classic
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Rush makes a good product but the 2-1-2 headers like the fuel moto jack pots are a better header for HD engines.
    I've been eyeing fuel moto's head pipes for two reasons. The ceramic coating is inside and out and you can still use stock heat shields! Kind of pricey but, probably worth it!

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    OK here is where we part ways smitty. Your post (at least to me) reads that a 2-1-2 header will out perform a 2 into 1 header on an HD engine. While the fuel moto "X-pipe" type collector may help with the scavenge effect....it still isn't going to out perform the flow characteristics of a standard true 2 into 1 system where there is no split for the gases to "overcome".

A close look at what fuel moto actually sells shows they do in fact make a full 2 into 1 system for serious builds:

Jackpot 2-into-1 Full Stainless Steel HTC Ceramic Coated Exhaust System - 1999-2014 HD Touring Models
    - See more at: http://www.fuelmotousa.com/harley/ex...-07-flh-b.html

This is an awesomely constructed system.....but the pipes are $900!!! Even at that price I started looking for ways to fit it in my budget! but then fuel moto told me they were backed up! and it would be at least a 3 week wait time. Then I came across the Rush 2 into 1 system that I ended up buying and they not only fit my budget...they also offer the performance that only a true 2 into 1 system can give while offering the ceramic coating to reduce felt engine heat......all for almost $400 cheaper! Still, if I. Win the lottery today...I will go back and buy the jackpot 2 into 1 system......although I'd probably lose the jackpot muffler and opt for a Rush "Big Louie"! The jackpot 2 into 1 system is (in my opinion) worth every penny of the $900 price tag and is also American made (very important to us crusty old retired soldiers!).
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    For torque the 2-1 is still the leader if a 2-1 exhaust meets a riders needs .
    The 2-1-2 splits the difference. And the system allows for better tunes. Compared to so called true duals
    Fuel moto does offer a higher flow version of the pipe and cross over of the big builds called the X pipe
    The 900 dollars 2-1 has the full exhaust system I thin not just the header. That would not be bad for the complete system.
    My 2-1-2 ceramic headers was about 550 when I got it, well worth it IMO.
    I am surprised how the ceramic coated heads look after being on the bike this long .
    Made in USA by a US own company is first on my list in every purchase.
    Last edited by smitty901; 10-26-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    Oh yeah...you got a GREAT system at a good price. I don't think it tunes any "better" than a 2 into 1....just slightly different. Again, there is a reason fuel moto still makes a 2 into 1 system.....that costs almost $400 more than their 2-1-2 system, and it isn't so you can buy something approaching double the price that "doesn't tune quite as well". It's to achieve better exhaust performance that will give you BOTH (yes I said both) more torque AND top end horsepower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2