HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bike
    2008 Street Glide Anniversary Edition 2015 EG Ultra Classic Low

Fuelmoto ordered

I cracked the seal on mods and the bike isn't even here yet.

Last night I placed an order for Fuelmoto ceramic coated steel headpipe, 2 into 1 into 2. Using Harley's oem heat shields (I like that). I also ordered V&H Monster Ovals, chrome with black tips.

When I checked e-mail this morning I already had a UPS tracking number, pipe and mufflers will be here Tuesday, that's pretty good.

$400 for the pipe and gaskets. Monster Ovals were $638 (dealer wanted $770 plus tax).

Total bill $1063.48 shipped.

I'll install the head pipe and mufflers then the bike will go back after the first of the year for Air, tuner and dyno. USUALLY dealer offers a service special in January, 20% off labor for parts bought at the dealership.

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    You will be happy with Fuel Moto. If you would like pictures of the head install just yell. Take your timer with it and it is not to bad.
    Tip while you have them off replace the hose clamps that hold heat shields in place with 100% SS one. Cheap worth while change. Do not over tighten them.
    have a small pipe expander ready. When you need to insert the header into the cross over pipe if you do not expand it a bit the gasket is a pain in the neck to get back in.
    2-1-2 jackpots with HD heat shields in place.
    Click here to enlarge
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    Congrats papa you made an awesome choice. I have been buying from Fuel moto for about 10 years. Until very recently I have ALWAYS gotten great service. I will admit the last 2 times I have called there for technical help...Both times I got someone who admittedly didn't know anything about the powervision. The 1st bad call he kept putting me on hold to relay my question to get an answer. The last time was even worse. The guy said the only person here right now that knows anything about the powervision is Jaime and he is busy with a customer. I told him that was a ridiculous approach to customer service and hung up. Still....that isn't (or at least wasn't) normal for them.

-clutch-
    PS What tuner are you using?
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Wow Smitty, those pipes go great with your scooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Walleye Click here to enlarge
    Wow Smitty, those pipes go great with your scooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those are HD night sticks I wanted to show how the HD heat shields go right back over the Fuel moto 2-1-2 headers.
    I switched to black just because the chome did not blend in IMO.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2016 Tri Glide True V & H Duals, Stage one, and to much bling to list.
    I had freedom performance do the headers and slip ons last weekend at Las Vegas bike week and ordered the air cleaner and power commander V from fuel moto on Wednesday. Can't believe the difference already and with the AC and PCV it ought to run like a stripped ass ape.
    If it feels good DO IT

Bike
    2008 Street Glide Anniversary Edition 2015 EG Ultra Classic Low
    PS What tuner are you using?

Well I don't have a tuner yet and I won't until it goes to the dyno guy after the first of the year. Most likely I am going to go with the Harley tuner, and I know that goes against conventional wisdom. I know how well the PV is liked and it has an untarnished rep. I also know me and I know my needs. I really want something that can be set and I forget about. I am the type that if I have info available to me I will obsess over it. PV is a great tool, does better at what it does better than anything out there, but I know I would spend an inordinate amount of time obsessing over data supplied by PV instead of enjoying the ride.

I traded in the '08 SG which was stage one and nothing more than a performance reflash. That had been done by the previous owner. That bike ran so good (yes, I know it could have been made to run better) but it ran so good, I never once thought about engine data or wondered about such things. And that's where I want to be with this bike. I want a good tune by a dyno guy I trust and I want to ride away and not think about it. And the dyno guy I'm gonna use is VERY confident in the Harley tuner, and he is VERY well respected around here, and I plan on deferring to him.........against conventional wisdom, LOL. If the day comes that I regret that decision I'll own up to it and it's on me.

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    I'm betting you won't regret it for a second bro.
    -clutch-
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    There is nothing wrong with the HD SE tuner
    Dianne Feinstein:

+1 on the hd tuner...it worked out well for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast