HarleyTalking
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    Buddy looking at the state of those cam chain tensioners....I'd say you were way past due for replacing them!
    -clutch-
    P'S As someone else asked....How many miles fo you have on that bike...and what year is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2012 Dyna Switchback and 86' FJ1200
    Clutch I'm d sure he said15k service I've just done 20k and my primary shoe looks brand new
    Click here to enlarge
    IBA MEMBER 40172
    SYLO SYLBP

I'm walking with Sophie tonight, She lives in the air that I breathe;
    I can't get it out of my mind, How you were left to bleed...
    Was it how you dressed?
    Or how you act?
    I can't believe, How they could act so violently,
    Without regret, , Well, we will not forget...

We are the others, We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders, But you can't hide us,
    We are the others, We are the cast outs
    You're no longer on your own, If you feel mistreated, Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone, We are the others

Bike
    2011 FLHX
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2fasteddie Click here to enlarge
    Did they give you any off for being a veteran PB1?
    Eddie, yes sir the local shop in Columbia gave me a good discount once I called them from work and they saw the number. It's good for businesses to do that.

Bike
    2011 FLHX
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    Buddy looking at the state of those cam chain tensioners....I'd say you were way past due for replacing them!
    -clutch-
    P'S As someone else asked....How many miles fo you have on that bike...and what year is it?

I have 16k and really just did the service. And that's when the pinging started. I'm happy I found the problem but that price hit me in the gut! Lol

Bike
    09 ultra black
    did the dealer have any idea what could have caused this...
    when they tore my engine apart they said boy it's kind of a yellowish tinge in here it was like a little bit of varnish or something didn't look bad but apparently it was something they noticed I said I run Mobil 1 20 50 probably any oil and you know any synthetic pretty decent today but I don't know why mine kind of a yellow tinge on the inside especially the cam plate area
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    16k!!!! That makes me immediately wonder what kind of shape the edges of those cam chains were in???!!! I pray they changed them out as well...if not I hope they AT LEAST checked them out really REALLY close. That is WAY too early for cam chain tensioner failure!
    -clutch-
    P'S Back when these kind of failures were much more common, they figured out that if the die that stamps the cam chain links wasn't changed before it got dull...cam chain links ended up with burrs on them...that wore on the tensioner shoes and caused premature failures (just like this). That problem was supposedly fixed. This looks to me like it's raising it's ugly head again!

"The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    1982 FXRS, 2009 Streetglide
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    16k!!!! That makes me immediately wonder what kind of shape the edges of those cam chains were in???!!! I pray they changed them out as well...if not I hope they AT LEAST checked them out really REALLY close. That is WAY too early for cam chain tensioner failure!
    -clutch-
    P'S Back when these kind of failures were much more common, they figured out that if the die that stamps the cam chain links wasn't changed before it got dull...cam chain links ended up with burrs on them...that wore on the tensioner shoes and caused premature failures (just like this). That problem was supposedly fixed. This looks to me like it's raising it's ugly head again!

The best fix would be gear drive if the run-out on pinion was in tolerance.
    Click here to enlarge
    "Don't own up to anything. That's like saying you did it."

Bike
    09 ultra black
    This sure gets me thinkin what will ill do in the furure ,,,
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123