HarleyTalking
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RichardS Click here to enlarge
    OSK, this comment is aimed at you....I will tell you again I sure wish you lived closer! I'd LOVE to go back to my flying lessons and finally get my pilot's license!
    Brother Rich, my offer to teach you was valid; however, I think too much time has passed, I now have Macular Degeneration (AMD) and one of the eyes now have a lesion that requires a Chemotherapy drug to be injected into it every eight weeks......they tell me the injections are not improving the condition as yet. Would be pretty difficult to retrieve my medical from the FAA based on that. Could be just a matter of time until I can no longer obtain a drivers license.

Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldskyking Click here to enlarge
    Brother Rich, my offer to teach you was valid; however, I think too much time has passed, I now have Macular Degeneration (AMD) and one of the eyes now have a lesion that requires a Chemotherapy drug to be injected into it every eight weeks......they tell me the injections are not improving the condition as yet. Would be pretty difficult to retrieve my medical from the FAA based on that. Could be just a matter of time until I can no longer obtain a drivers license.
    Brother, I'm so sorry to hear it. I know how much flying meant to you, and of course beyond that all the other blessings good vision provides. You will be in my prayers. If at least the degeneration can be slowed, and hopefully stopped, that would be wonderful, to know it won't get worse than it is now.
    And of course I know the invitation to learn at the hands of the master was sincere, and I am honored by it! Nothing would have pleased me more! But now what would make me the happiest is to hear that your health improves, and I will, as I said, pray for that, my old friend.
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Thanks, my prayers for your health to improve, as well. Do you still have your yacht?
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldskyking Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, my prayers for your health to improve, as well. Do you still have your yacht?
    No, "Live For The Ride!" (the yacht) has sailed it's last voyage. For us anyway. Cathy and I had an opportunity to sell it to a nearby boat owner at the marina and we proved the old adage "The two happiest days of my life, yada, yada, yada". It was a HUGE expense and one I didn't want to sustain, since we weren't going out nearly as often as we thought we would.

Still like boats, but ones that get more than ONE nautical mile per gallon!!! Click here to enlarge

Still........never enjoyed ANYTHING as much as those hours in the air looking out the windscreen of that Cessna.......it really is an experience like no other, even riding, but I know I am preaching to the choir!!

Besides, OSK, have any of you other guys ever flown??
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Actually, Rich, you would find flying kinda boring after a few thousand hours in the air......unless you are experiencing an emergency, then it can be quite exciting! Also, might add that it's quite well known that the two happiest days of an RV and boat owners life is the date of purchase and the date of sale. Now, as for motorcycles, they almost never make one unhappy. Even on days when I can't ride, I enjoy going out in the garage, setting on it, polishing it or just looking at it. Reckon I'm a little weird.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Richard I just logged in and read this thread. So sorry to hear the amount of pain you are experiencing. I have never had to go through that for extended periods of time and don't know what it's like. Saying a prayer for you now brother. Thanks for starting this place up and keeping it going. I always enjoyed reading your rather, ahem, long winded posts. Click here to enlarge I'm not posting much either but I do check in to see what's happening. Thanks again!!
    2010 Ultra Limited Merlot/Cherry Red

Hey Rich,

Sorry to hear about your heath issues, and hope that you can find some relief in the near future. As far as this place goes, I don't remember having to sign anything saying that I would "own" a HD to be a member of the forum. You don't have to ride to be an important part of the forum. To loose you from this place would be a devastating loss of experience and knowledge.

In short, I think we all want you to stick around do some considerable "bloviating" and just be a part of the "House that you built".

We Love Ya, Brother and NONE of us would be here if it weren't for you!!
    Wayne
    Past Master 1995
    Old Fort Lodge 420
    Summerville, SC

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" Click here to enlarge

Sometimes it takes a full tank of gas before you can think straight.Click here to enlarge

2010 Ultra Classic - Flame Blue pearl & Brilliant Silver Pearl

Bike
    03 V-Rod, 05 SE V-Rod, 04 ProCharged Dyna, 09 Buell 1125CR Hooker Red, 06 Nightrod "The General"
    Here here....I'm with Wayne. Richard could never be thanked enough for supplying us our playground and just being a Great Guy !! BC.
    Click here to enlarge Have you been "squeezed" today?
    BlackCat Motorsports, Where the weak are killed and eaten.......
    Home of the Worlds Quickest and Fastest 1/4 Mile V-rod
    Racer's support by Wiseco Piston, MTC Engineering , JBV, R&D Motorsports, Falicon Performance,
    Performance Coatings, D&G Chassis, MPS, MRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2HBd...yer_detailpage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB81NA96Cx0

Bike
    03 V-Rod, 05 SE V-Rod, 04 ProCharged Dyna, 09 Buell 1125CR Hooker Red, 06 Nightrod "The General"
    Guys ...just as a side note on arthritic pain ,I'm the poster child for Humira and have been for 10yrs. It has worked wonderful for Me and enabled me to work hard with my hands and body in our Automotive business . It's pricey and only affordable to Me thru our health insurance but has been a game changer in My life. I hope this is helpful to some one . BC.
    Click here to enlarge Have you been "squeezed" today?
    BlackCat Motorsports, Where the weak are killed and eaten.......
    Home of the Worlds Quickest and Fastest 1/4 Mile V-rod
    Racer's support by Wiseco Piston, MTC Engineering , JBV, R&D Motorsports, Falicon Performance,
    Performance Coatings, D&G Chassis, MPS, MRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2HBd...yer_detailpage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB81NA96Cx0

Breakout Champion! Snake Champion!
    Bike
    2008 Sportster 1200 R, Stage 1 mods, 1999 Buell S3T Thunderbolt

The Day Has Come My Brothers!

Richard,

Up here in the North, knowing when to hang up the skates is always a conundrum. You have to take care of you and your family. Riding is many things to many people.

But, owning and riding has nothing to do with coming on here.

You built this site. You have a lot to offer others. I'll keep an eye open in the classifies for any gear you might want to unload. Not that I ever took advantage of the great deals you've offered to members hear but, it's always nice to be considered.

Your knowledge, your experience, your sense of humour, your sense of rage are all welcome and good reading to help others like myself pass the time away when we can't spend it on the bike or with our family.

You are our extended family. A fellow brother. And that will never change.

Cheers!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast