HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 CVO Ultra

Bike
    2015 CVO Ultra Limited

2015 CVO Ultra

[ATTACH]20150906_122401_002.jpg[/ATTACH]
    August 1 we took delivery of this 2015 CVO Ultra Limited. And now after close to
    2500 miles I can say that this one, as compared to the 2012 CVO Streetglide, has been a lot more fun and reliable. Unlike in my previous yrs of riding my time time behind the bars has been limited, but when we hit the road, this bike has been a pleasure to ride.
    The seat is more comfortable than the 2013 Limited, and we have used the heater in it, but won't be putting on studded tires like my older brother has, I'll drive my truck in the winter.
    I like the Nav system, with the screen showing highway signs and narrator giving instructions much better than my 10 yr old Garmin (Gloria), getting into Seattle and finding our destination was very accurate, Gloria Garmin sent us down a few wagon train trails in the past so for me this system is a great improvement.
    The sound system has also been a crisp and clear upgrade, close to what the CVO Streetglide produced. Yet better than the Hog Wired / Rockford Fosgate system that was on the 2013 Ultra.
    I do find the Day Maker lighting to be better when I remember to remove my sun glasses and raise my smoked helmet visor.
    The temp from the engine has not been any problem, so for now I'll say the water cooled heads seem to have cooled the exhaust down, but we will find out next summer as we want to to make another trip to southern Utah to Arches National Park and also see a couple others parks close by.
    The trunk and puddle lights above the saddle bags are a great feature, as is the ability to lock everything electrically, but I need to remember to remove the saddle bag liners when I remove the saddle bags while washing the bike.
    Torque and acceleration from the 110 is smooth and very responsive, but the best MPG has been 37 and seems very consistent. With the past bikes I've found that after reaching 100 + MPH a couple times that the MPG raised, after doing this on the 2012 CVO 46 MPG was the average, so I'll try that again on the new bike.
    The only thing I need to change is the brackets for the highway pegs as they are a bit of a reach, I'll see if the brackets from the 2013 Ultra are a close match with the 2015 style as they are the style that curved back some.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Joel; 10-10-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Looks sharp , enjoy the ride while you can
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    Great looking bike, congrats...
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Great looking ride!
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Bike
    2014 LIMITED true duals,stage on e,custom striping, and more..
    Nice writeup
    If it feels good DO IT

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    Thanks for the write-up, always my favorite reads on the forum!
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2015 CVO Ultra Limited
    So the 1st year has past and 5900 miles have been added. Still low comparred to my younger life.
    We have taken Mostly 3 + day trips and no real problems with this bike.
    The front tire had always lost air and now I think that has been fixed after 3 tires , 1 valve stem and a new rim, it holds air, picked up a nail in the rear tire so now both are like new and I hope to wear them out.
    Going to this color has been a bit of a challange do to showing surface scratches, but the dealer has done some great detailing to compensate not being able to fix the leaking front tire. I did have the windshield replaced do to some cracking from high gusting wind, blew me into oncomming lane, good thing no one was in that lane. They warrantied it into the windsplitter.
    Still average close to 40 mpg, but engine is quiet, so I'm not worried.
    Going to look into the upgraded xm antenna. Or relocate the OE.
    The heated grips are a bit uncomfortable unless I have gloves on.
    The heated seat is great. And adding the custom dynamic front blinkers add great light for both day and night.
    Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Bike
    04 Sportster
    Looking good Joel Glad to see that it's working out for you.

Thanks for the update. Glad it's working out for you. Wife and me may well get up to your area again later in the spring. l still remember the great ride with Marv and you and that is why we stayed at Lochsa Lodge this past trip. lt was a high light of our trip. Keep the rubber side down!
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Wow... That color is frigg'n awesome Joel.. I want one.
    Click here to enlarge ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!

09 Ultra - Black Pearl - PCV - SEAC - RUSH 4" Big Louie's (Sold)

American Dogs - Vivid Black & Mellow Yellow (GBNF)
    PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER!

JOIN A.B.A.T.E. - "THE RIGHTS YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!"

+ Reply to Thread