HarleyTalking
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Harley Penster

Bike
    2018 FLHTCU Ultra
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RumRunner Click here to enlarge
    Yes, try to fit you in anytime someone says Blah Blah Blah Click here to enlarge

Wasn't trying to drag you into a thread you were not participating in, but couldn't pass up the opportunity Click here to enlarge
    totally (totally) loved it, and always welcome the attention....I may not be participating, but read everyone - thanks for the shout out!

About this thread - if Smitty ever calls muster again, I'm in! I was so jealous that I wasn't able to make the inaugural one. Would love to meet as many members as possible in Milwaukee/Harley Museum (a bucket list destination for sure)
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw Click here to enlarge
    totally (totally) loved it, and always welcome the attention....I may not be participating, but read everyone - thanks for the shout out!

About this thread - if Smitty ever calls muster again, I'm in! I was so jealous that I wasn't able to make the inaugural one. Would love to meet as many members as possible in Milwaukee/Harley Museum (a bucket list destination for sure)
    Bob you know you are welcome any thing just let me know.
    Those of us still alive for the 115th will do it again. I pry EMB and Steve make it.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    Ok, I have cleaned up this thread and got rid of all the posts that are not related to Smitty's original purpose of this thread.
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    modified 2007 V-Rod DX
    Smitty, you got me thinking back. The Nova fairing's later uses came to mind. The fairing on the FXR touring models were a direct descendant of the Nova. Identical from what I recall. AMF kept making contributions from this to the Evo head designs well past their selling the MoCo. Lots of designs and R&D was later used by Willie and co.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.”

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackBird Click here to enlarge
    Smitty, you got me thinking back. The Nova fairing's later uses came to mind. The fairing on the FXR touring models were a direct descendant of the Nova. Identical from what I recall. AMF kept making contributions from this to the Evo head designs well past their selling the MoCo. Lots of designs and R&D was later used by Willie and co.
    The FXR many say was the best frame and bike HD ever built. The Faring was copied by others and it was the base for the metric faring design in some cases. Dave Zein put 1 million miles on one
    That is one cool looking FXR.
    The EVO could be woken up with just a cam and some head work. The one I own has never had the engine touched.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    modified 2007 V-Rod DX
    The FXR at that time, yes, probably the best handling HD. Buell used time tested Japanese engineering when he designed the frame. However, much time has passed and the FXR is way obsolete. Even back then a Sporty would easily outmaneuver it though. The faithful back then sh!t all over the FXR when first unveiled - in typical old school fashion!! LOL!

I let an 86' go in the late 90's and regret it now.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.”

Bike
    Only been riding about 48 years. Had a few years where duty did not allow much riding. I was never worried about trying some thing new.
    Metric crotch rockets were exciting. Their touring bikes boring IMO. To this day I find the GW nothing but a two wheel car and fall a sleep on one. When HD changed the frame in in 2009 for the touring bikes I was excited it was a good move. While not earth shaking the move in 2007 to the 6 speed and the TC96 was a go for me, then the new frame, the 103 standard in the RGU 2011 was a must buy for me. The Rushmore in 2016 with the liquid cool head , front end, and bag changes another plus for us. The M8 just built on that with a new engine and transmission approach. But still a Harley.
    The bikes I rode in my early years got no respect. I rode the crap out of them beat them and rode fast. Or at least what seemed fast then.
    I grew up . Income allowed us to have what we wanted no more having to live with what ever was parked out side. Children grown up ect.
    2007 was when we let go a bit. The new 2007 RG, rode the crap out of it, then the 2011 RGU first year for that model, Totaled that one.
    2013 RGU we had a ball on that bike. The 2016 RGU had a short stay but was fine ride. It left only because the M8 was to be ridden off into the last retirement.
    Our 1996 EVO FB will never leave. Not the greatest bike ever built but one we had a ball on. It is now fitted with a side car and serves my granddaughter well.
    Half a life time of riding has put me more miles on miles on two wheels than many truck drive make. I am the kind that gets up at 0430 and rides 140 miles for a cup of coffee. The 2013 RGU was picked up at 0900 as they were closing up that day it was dropped off for the 1000 mile service.
    For what ever reason God put a love for riding in me. In his wisdom he gave me a wife that loves riding with me. Mopped to a 2017 M8 riding is riding. I enjoy it all. When I can't hold it up anymore I will put training wheels on it I have too. No shame in me to worry about.
    I will ride Harley to the end. I will not be buried with one , won't waste a good bike.
    I do not live to ride but will ride as long as I live.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    modified 2007 V-Rod DX
    First bike bought in 1973. Something you said really rings true - We rode whatever was parked outside and loved it. Zero tech, stripped down, primered and rattled like hell. It was all good. I will say however, I like having the choice, a choice, between old and new tech. HD could have easily moved forward more more aggressively and kept the old tech bikes around too until such time it works or doesn't. Being brand loyal has it's frustrations. Oddly enough, all the new tech eventually gets not only accepted but bragged about!

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Few of the friends and members at the 110th out side the museum. It was Flag signing time. We had a yeck of a turn out that year and a lot of great riding all week.
    Emb in the hat rear of picture. My now 8 year old grand son was so impressed with EMB and how he wore and cared for his hat. He bought one and has worn it daily every sense. Caring for it and wearing it as EMB does.

Click here to enlarge100_1151 by bob smith, on Flickr
    I miss Emby.
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    I miss Emby.
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As do we all. Plan to stop in on him and Steve on the way down to Smokies end of May.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234