HarleyTalking

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country

Post Cyco Cam Tensioners

Meant to post this when checking out options to update the Cam Tensioners on the 05 Dyna .. I went with the OEM Hydraulic Upgrade Kit which I still feel is the better option but what really decided was a Great Price for them , a little of half of what HD wants , otherwise might have tried this .. Anyway was just wondering if anyone has gone this route or know of anyone that has ..

http://www.solenbergperf.com/apps/we...s/show/4854856
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    2004 GeezerGlide Classic
    That is a great price...I had them put gear drive cams on my 04 GeezerGlide and have never had any problems...

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    I've seen a lot of folks on other forums utilizing the cyco tensioners. You can buy the pads and a special tool to install really cheap. http://harleydavidsontensioner.com/. Those that have installed them indicate that they hold up much better than the stock units.
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

JAY THEY ARE SELLING A LOT OF STUFF YOU DONT NEED TO REPLACE THE TENSIONERS SHOULD BE AROUND 80 BUCKS FOR INER AND OUTER PLUS GASKET
    100 PERCENT DISABLED VIETNAM VET
    2010 Harley Road Glide
    110 HP 115 TQ
    S&S 106 Inch Big Bore Kit flat top pistons
    S&S 79cc Ported heads 79cc for up to .640 lift
    S&S 635 cams
    S&S LIFTERS - Hydraulic Lifter Limited Travel Spacer
    S&S Adjustable Pushrods
    Compression 11:1
    58mm Throttle Body 5.3 INJECTORS
    Port Matched 58mm Throttle Body To 79CC heads
    BDL New Design Compensator Sprocket for Big Twins - 34T
    Barnett Clutch
    DAYTONA HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP HARLEY TWIN CAM
    2 INTO 1 THUNDERHEADER THUNDER HEADER TUNED MUFFLER
    THUNDERMAX TUNER WAVE TUNE

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Appreciate the Replies was just curious so could pass it on ..

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    I am a huge fan of zipper's performance hydraulic, dual piston tensioners and thought they made a version for the twin cam 88 motor......but I looked all over their site and didn't find anything....sorry Jay.

I will STRONGLY encourage you to take a HARD look at your cam chain edges. Part of why the cam chain tensioner shoe problem was so hard to nail down for so long......actually had to do with the edges of the chain links being burred if they were stamped with a dull die. When I put a bunch of money into my 09 cam chest, I actually found a procedure for polishing the cam chain edges on a buffing wheel using jewler's rouge....and then of course THOROUGHLY washing the chain in a parts washer before reassembly. I bought new chains and did this. Those cam chain link edges were "Baby's ass smooth" when I put it back together. In any case....if you decide to reuse your old chains...it's good practice to ensure they go back in the same rotation orientation they came out with!
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    I am a huge fan of zipper's performance hydraulic, dual piston tensioners and thought they made a version for the twin cam 88 motor......but I looked all over their site and didn't find anything....sorry Jay.

I will STRONGLY encourage you to take a HARD look at your cam chain edges. Part of why the cam chain tensioner shoe problem was so hard to nail down for so long......actually had to do with the edges of the chain links being burred if they were stamped with a dull die. When I put a bunch of money into my 09 cam chest, I actually found a procedure for polishing the cam chain edges on a buffing wheel using jewler's rouge....and then of course THOROUGHLY washing the chain in a parts washer before reassembly. I bought new chains and did this. Those cam chain link edges were "Baby's ass smooth" when I put it back together. In any case....if you decide to reuse your old chains...it's good practice to ensure they go back in the same rotation orientation they came out with!
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for pointing this out Clutch , Going to do some " Bling " Upgrades on the Dyna .. Been playing " Cheap Charlie " Finding some Chrome Goodies (Actual HD Stuff not Chinese knock off's) for the Dyna which includes the Cam Cover , so when I do this will give it a close look and see .. With a little over 5,000 miles since did the Cams Upgrade be nice to add some peace of mind to take a little time and Give a Look .. So far very pleased with this Dyna for what I have in it .. Especially when One Bike I own is No longer Made and the other just will never have the confidence in it one should since it had to be rebuilt .. But the way the Dyna just feels wouldn't be scared to jump right on it and go to Timbuktu .. Almost 6,000 Miles on it now and spinning like a top .. The Andrews Cams gave it just enough extra torque for me to make it feel right and not underpowered ..

Bike
    2014 Road King
    Those 21's are nice in the 88 Click here to enlarge
    Haywire/Mark

Click here to enlarge
    CMC

If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space !!!

IF IM NOT MISTAKEN FROM 2007 AND UP HAVE THE HYDRAULIC Cam Tensioners I SEE NO REASON TO REPLACE THEM THE OLDER MODELS SEEM MORE PRONE TO FAILER
    100 PERCENT DISABLED VIETNAM VET
    2010 Harley Road Glide
    110 HP 115 TQ
    S&S 106 Inch Big Bore Kit flat top pistons
    S&S 79cc Ported heads 79cc for up to .640 lift
    S&S 635 cams
    S&S LIFTERS - Hydraulic Lifter Limited Travel Spacer
    S&S Adjustable Pushrods
    Compression 11:1
    58mm Throttle Body 5.3 INJECTORS
    Port Matched 58mm Throttle Body To 79CC heads
    BDL New Design Compensator Sprocket for Big Twins - 34T
    Barnett Clutch
    DAYTONA HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP HARLEY TWIN CAM
    2 INTO 1 THUNDERHEADER THUNDER HEADER TUNED MUFFLER
    THUNDERMAX TUNER WAVE TUNE

Click here to enlarge

Bike

Cyco Cam Tensioners

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Haywire Click here to enlarge
    Those 21's are nice in the 88 Click here to enlarge
    Yes they are, was going with 26 until got such A Great Deal on the 21's .. No Regrets..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk