HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3
    Wanted​ say thanks again for the welcome. Any more members from Oklahoma here.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tcbtheodore Click here to enlarge
    Wanted​ say thanks again for the welcome. Any more members from Oklahoma here.

Check out the tab "Forum Member Map" (on the top menu bar).

http://harleytalking.com/MemberMap.html
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Welcome from North Carolina.

Sent from my Z818L using Tapatalk

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    [QUOTE=tcbtheodore;210964]Wanted​ say thanks again for the welcome. Any more members from Oklahoma here.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well, I was born and partially raised by my grandparents in Oklahoma....
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

I used to drive a big truck way years ago and have been through OK many times. I saw many Indian women running the truck stops. One place they were ugly as mud. Almost Aztec looking. Nine hundred miles away they were drop dead gorgeous. I can see why the warriors stole women from other tribes.

Another was that most seemed to have something against the Indians yet practically every town, bluff, river etc is an Indian word.

On the whole I found that the Oklahoma population was just like the country people here in NC. Very nice bunch.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by captainhook455 Click here to enlarge
    "I used to drive a big truck way years ago and have been through OK many times. I saw many Indian women running the truck stops. One place they were ugly as mud. Almost Aztec looking. Nine hundred miles away they were drop dead gorgeous. I can see why the warriors stole women from other tribes."

Not sure what in the world you mean here, there is not 900 miles across Oklahoma anyway you cut it. As far as Indian women looking ugly versus gorgeous, again have no idea what you're talking about.

"Another was that most seemed to have something against the Indians yet practically every town, bluff, river etc is an Indian word."

again not sure where the hell you're coming from here, many references to the Chickasha here in Oklahoma, certainly nothing against Native Americans, quite the contrary, they are much respected.

"On the whole I found that the Oklahoma population was just like the country people here in NC. Very nice bunch."

You are right, Oklahoma people are very friendly, but I would say not even remotely close to the country people in North Carolina as a comparison. I've been to both places, totally different types of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by UC Wayne; 05-21-2017 at 07:54 AM.
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Walleye Click here to enlarge
    You are right, Oklahoma people are very friendly, but I would say not even remotely close to the country people in North Carolina as a comparison. I've been to both places, totally different types of people.

Yup we are kinda hicky over here. I said 900 miles away not that OK was that big. Big trucks are driven by folks from all states. Sitting at a breakfast buffet I encountered all prejudices. Truckers don't normally interact with the general population. What we see is at a truck stop or loading dock.

I did not mean to offend you or your state. Apologies.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by captainhook455 Click here to enlarge
    Yup we are kinda hicky over here. I said 900 miles away not that OK was that big. Big trucks are driven by folks from all states. Sitting at a breakfast buffet I encountered all prejudices. Truckers don't normally interact with the general population. What we see is at a truck stop or loading dock.

I did not mean to offend you or your state. Apologies.

No offense taken and no apologies needed. I misunderstood your post, heck I am a transplant here in OK. If anyone needs to express apologies it would be coming from this end. Stay safe either while truckin down the road or in the saddle!

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3