HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

It is that time May

End of May is coming every year at this time wife and I get on bike and go. While we do know where we are going most else is open. For us vacation means flexible and change is most often good.
    Just made plans to stop in Williamstown KY at the ARK. Spending two nights and a day in Lexington Ky. Will spend part of a day messing around in Lexington, a stop at Man of War HD, before heading on to Gatlinburg TN.
    Any insight into the ARK visit is appreciated.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Sounds like
    Fun
    From a WW1 RAF Flight Manual ...
    "If a crash at the home airfield is inevitable, try to hit something soft and, preferably, inexpensive"
    Popeye The Sailor - Wimpy The Moocher: http://youtu.be/Q7PFQ7SvH4o

What a bliss to fight your inner conflicts and wake up with a chaos filled mind. And above all else the streak of sarcasm that wouldn't leave your side
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6ly...e_gdata_player
    To our Soldiers, past an present, Thank You an God bless you....... Click here to enlarge...LORD I live by your Will. I shall die when you desire; Save me because you can..." "Never was fount so clear,
    undimmed and bright;
    From it alone, I know proceeds all light
    although 'tis night. .St John of the CROSS.."
    Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow." ST. Philip Neri.!! **
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    Tom the ARK looks like a cool place to visit. It's not to far from where you live. I did some home work on the place it is one heck of a project. About a 4 1/2 hour ride.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Thumbs up

When Comes to Riding AR will just give my own Insight as have Hundreds if not possibly a couple Thousand Miles in the Ozarks .. The Best Money you will ever Spend is Buy the Butler Motorcycle Maps for the Ozarks It Highlights all the Good Rides in Color Codes of the most challenging to Scenic etc.. I would recommend basing in Eureka Springs, a Great Town for all you need friendly Locals that will be glad to share with you what's good, what's not .. Also it is Close to 80% of all the Good Rides and May Fit what Suits you Best .. The Harley Dealership in Rogers, AR is a Fine One and is close by if need it and if just want to check it out taking Hwy 23 South to Hwy 127 to Hwy 12 is a Fine Ride in itself about 30-40 mins one way .. Hwy 23 is also the Famous Pig Trail which is a Straight Shot South from Eureka Springs which is a fun ride but a bit crowded at times would recommend doing this early on a weekday from Eureka Springs .. My Favorite Ride is Hwy 62 ( Main Road of Eureka Springs ) to Harrison and then catch Hwy 7 South to Hwy 123 West NOT East although if mess up even 123 east is not bad .. Lastly Just West of Eureka springs maybe 20 mins or so is Pea Ridge National Military Park a Well Worthwhile Stop to Check out .. Just ride easy through the Park as the Deer are there but they are protected and aware of Dangers of Motor vehicles never even had one get close to me but could see them feeding in a Valley Overlook that was an awesome sight and guess what day forgot my Camera .. On a Final Note can't emphasize enough how the Butler Map of the Ozarks is the Best Money you will ever Spend for enjoying AR ..

https://www.butlermaps.com/product-category/area/ozark/
    Last edited by Jaystronghawk; 05-02-2017 at 05:51 AM.
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    When wife decides to retire also we will extend our rides in May to cover even more ground. It has been many years sense we were in AR and the Ozarks .
    The ARK I mentioned is in KY.

https://arkencounter.com/about-the-ark/
    Last edited by smitty901; 05-02-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    09 ultra black
    A friend of mine who at some point him and his wife will retire they bought 40 acres up in the mountains in Arkansas .
    his daughter who has an extra Y chromosome and has always been slow in developing mentally he's going to college down there they have a special program for students and she has her own apartment she takes care of her self . He's visited the place several times I don't know the town or if it's close to a town where they bought the acreage up in the mountains I'll try and find out the town.
    From a WW1 RAF Flight Manual ...
    "If a crash at the home airfield is inevitable, try to hit something soft and, preferably, inexpensive"
    Popeye The Sailor - Wimpy The Moocher: http://youtu.be/Q7PFQ7SvH4o

What a bliss to fight your inner conflicts and wake up with a chaos filled mind. And above all else the streak of sarcasm that wouldn't leave your side
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6ly...e_gdata_player
    To our Soldiers, past an present, Thank You an God bless you....... Click here to enlarge...LORD I live by your Will. I shall die when you desire; Save me because you can..." "Never was fount so clear,
    undimmed and bright;
    From it alone, I know proceeds all light
    although 'tis night. .St John of the CROSS.."
    Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow." ST. Philip Neri.!! **
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

That will be a great trip. Looking forward to your updates.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    When wife decides to retire also we will extend our rides in May to cover even more ground. It has been many years sense we were in AR and the Ozarks .
    The ARK I mentioned is in KY.

https://arkencounter.com/about-the-ark/
    Enjoy your time there .. Still hoping to swing this TN trip around May 20 unless Health Issues prevent it .. Guess had Arkansas on my mind, is where have 3 generations to visit Son , Grandkids and Great grandkids .. Just come back from about a month ago and son offered me his Street Glide but declined and said will bring mine next time ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    Enjoy your time there .. Still hoping to swing this TN trip around May 20 unless Health Issues prevent it .. Guess had Arkansas on my mind, is where have 3 generations to visit Son , Grandkids and Great grandkids .. Just come back from about a month ago and son offered me his Street Glide but declined and said will bring mine next time ..
    Children and grandchildren call this home of i would be in TN.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    I guess because this is the first real trip after retiring for good, I am excited about this trip. Can not remember being this worked up about a ride. Bike is barely even broken in.
    Normally by the time we take our May trip new bike has about 20K on it. Retiring changed purchase times up this one has only 2K on it. Can't help but wonder if it has had time to show any issues yet.
    I told wife last night I could leave today and fly her down to catch up with me.
    Dianne Feinstein:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast