HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread

Bike
    2014 FXDL

Seat upgrade for 2014 Low Rider

I'm thinking of upgrading my stock seat. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam and my stock seat still has the bolster attached. I'd prefer to be no higher and not much further back than stock. I do occasional 2-up riding.

The seats I'm currently considering are:
    1) LePera Daytona Sport 2Up
    2) Mustang Vintage One-Piece
    3) Mustang Regal Duke
    4) Saddlemen Explorer

Does anyone have a Low Rider with this set up, or have reviews/recommendations on them?
    '14 FXDL
    USMC Veteran

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    Hey Urban: Have you thought of reshaping your existing seat? I had this done on my (old) Dyna and my brother did likewise on my old BMW (K1200GT), both times at the Lone Star Rally (separate years). Mine cost $50 and it was the best thing I had ever done to that bike as far as comfort goes, my brother paid an additional $50 and recovered with alligator skin (amazingly comfortable). The Lone Star Rally is coming up in Oct./Nov. and might be worth a try.

If purchasing a new seat is your desire, I'm certain Cowboy Harley-Davidson in Austin has some loaners they will let you try out to ensure you are happy with your selection....then you can always take your old seat and have it customized as a back-up.

p.s. if you are going to attend the Lone Star Rally this year and want a safe haven in Rosenberg after your ride in from Austin, look me up, would be glad to offer a pallet and some suds, then ride in with you the next day (I have a really choice route from my house to the rally).

p.s.s. Thank you for your service!
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    Went to the One piece Vintage Wide Mustang Seat on my 05 Dyna did put me a bit Higher but the Comfort is worth it ..
    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2014 FXDL
    Today I finally removed the bolster from the stock seat. Its an improvement!

I'm still looking at an upgrade and its coming down to a choice between the LePera Daytona 2Up and the Mustang Vintage One-Piece or Regal Duke.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw Click here to enlarge
    p.s. if you are going to attend the Lone Star Rally this year and want a safe haven in Rosenberg after your ride in from Austin, look me up, would be glad to offer a pallet and some suds, then ride in with you the next day (I have a really choice route from my house to the rally).
    Still looking at my schedule but if I can get over that way this sounds like a plan! Appreciate it!
    '14 FXDL
    USMC Veteran

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    Let us know when decide which seat calls your name ..
    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2014 FXDL
    At this point I'm leaning towards the Mustang Vintage One-Piece. I'd really like to find a place where I can test one out before purchase...
    '14 FXDL
    USMC Veteran

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Find a local that can redo your seat. Lower cost, you can get what you want . You will have a seat that fits you. There are places all over that can do the work. It is not rocket science, just requires some skills and tool.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    modified 2007 V-Rod DX
    Another vote for re-doing your existing seat. Ideally, I always find another identical seat and experiment with that one. Otherwise the wide mustang seat is very comfortable.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.”

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    So I had a Mustang seat on my 09 ultra. I loved it....but the high desert UV (hey it's no joke here man!) eventually cracked the leather. I took it to a local upholstery shop where the guy talked me into letting him put "marine grade vinyl" on it. It was $175 well spent. If you have a truly good upholstery shop....I'd recommend you seriously consider that route. You will likely save a bunch of $$$ too.
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Breakout Champion! Snake Champion!
    Bike
    2008 Sportster 1200 R, Stage 1 mods, 1999 Buell S3T Thunderbolt
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UrbanRunner Click here to enlarge
    At this point I'm leaning towards the Mustang Vintage One-Piece. I'd really like to find a place where I can test one out before purchase...

Call around. Some larger Indy shops may have some demo seats. If you have a local dealer, they may as well. They always have touring seats but, I know some that will have demo seats for other models.

Some local or area bike show may have vendors that can use your stock seat pan and work in a gel pad and new foam and work really well. Might save a few $$$?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread