HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doc Click here to enlarge
    Hey Flame! I have a manual in PDF. If you send me your email I'll send it to you! I have the same year and model... Click here to enlarge Fantastic bike! Congrats!
    Edit .. It is the workshop manual, HD. I keep a copy on my phone as well... you never know when you might need it! Click here to enlarge

you da man!
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2000 Ultra Classic
    I'm still loving the Ultra Classic, or "Ruby Lee" as she has been named by the girlfriend. I got one good ride in (200 miles) before the rear tire was bald. So I researched tires. Then I remembered how I took the rim off and to a shop to replace a tube on the Red Sporty. That cost me $112. I hate cleaning spokes. I also hate paying that much money. So I saved up, collected coupons, and bought a Harbor freight tire changer with the motorcycle tire changer for less than $75 out the door. Then I bought some dyna beads and a tire. Then all my constant perusing of Ebay and Craigslist paid off, and I found a set of black wagon spoke wheels in Lexington, SC for $150. When I got there and hung out with the guy for a minute or two, he refused to take more than $100! Score! Guess what? 1" wheel bearings and Ruby has 3/4". So now I own a specialty wheel bearing remover and installer. It took a damn month or more, but I eventually got it all put back together and it looks good, and I love it more after bonding a little. LOL

Bike
    2000 Ultra Classic
    The next few things on my agenda for Ruby are for this colder weather. I need to pop the seat and side cover and wire up for my heated jacket. Then I need to install lower fairings. Okay, I need to acquire and install lower fairings on the crash bars. The used ones are selling for more than I can stand, and they aren't even vented. Looking for cheaper alternatives. But not the leather covers.

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    Great update Flame - I saw your response in another post and was wondering how you and the new bike were getting along. And viola, here is this update, and the fact she has a name now makes her an important part of the family! Dang, if I lived closer I'd rent your tire changer and throw a tip your way to watch over me while I change my tires next time. (so cool of the guy to feel your heart and make you a deal!)

Can't help you out on the lowers, only ones I'm familiar with are the hard ones and the leather ones, although if you can score some leather ones cheap just to get you through this winter, then maybe that would buy you some time to search for a set of hard ones.
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2000 Ultra Classic
    I tink I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on some cheapo's I found on Ebay. I'll have to buy the mounting hardware separately, but at $55 plus $18 hardware, it's still cheaper than $200 used ones on Ebay

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    So I researched tires. Then I remembered how I took the rim off and to a shop to replace a tube on the Red Sporty. That cost me $112.

I hate cleaning spokes.

I hate Cleaning Spokes as Well .. Not fond of Tubes either .. So Much can tell from my Before and After Pictures ..

DynaBest.jpgProPipe.jpg
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2000 Ultra Classic
    So,.....I guess you wouldn't be interested in buying some spoke rims?

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flame Click here to enlarge
    So,.....I guess you wouldn't be interested in buying some spoke rims?
    No Thank You .. Click here to enlarge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2000 Ultra Classic
    Well,... I ran across a Ebay auction that said "or best offer" , so I offered $45. They accepted. Free shipping. From California. Soooo, to be continued......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast