HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small cuts

Bike
    2011 FLHX

Small cuts

So during the tail end of my last tour up the Coast I notice the small cuts you see all around just one side of my rear tire. I just purchased the tire in March (new) from my local dealer. Not losing air pressure and the tire date says it was procured at the end of 2015. Should be worried?

Click here to enlarge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure would not like that with a new tire. If it's happening more than one place it obviously was not from Road hazard, I would be worried about the tire deteriorating prematurely for some reason. At the very least I'd have somebody that's in the tire business look at it, I wouldn't take any chances with my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

Bike
    2004 GeezerGlide Classic
    I would not like that...Just looking at where the cracks are I would say it looks like the start of separation...Almost like a re-cap...But WTF do I know...

Bike
    2002 Sportster
    There are marks on the tire that line up perfectly with those cuts. Like maybe something scraped? If you were running spoked with tubes, I wouldn't worry too much, but you have rims, my friend. I'd be worried.

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    Would definitely take it where got it from and raise a little hell and see what they do about it ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    brand new tire, but manufactured in 2015....almost 3 years old??? Yea, PB1, I'd expect a replacement with a 2017 tire. If they are a preferred local dealer, there should be no problem

Did you replace the front at the same time? I'd check the manufacture date of the front also and expect a 2017
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

+ Reply to Thread