HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread

Bike
    09 ultra black

Well it's not a hobby but

It's actually a question about lawnmowers for work but every five years I go through lawnmowers first one was the sea years then the second one was the Sears with a Honda Motor lasted about five years it start and knock when you pull start it this is a push mower that self-propelled. Does anyone have any pluses or minuses or info on a good long term self propelling a lawn mower .I cut about half an acre twice a week the school and Temple is a one square block in town.
    Thank you
    From a WW1 RAF Flight Manual ...
    "If a crash at the home airfield is inevitable, try to hit something soft and, preferably, inexpensive"
    Popeye The Sailor - Wimpy The Moocher: http://youtu.be/Q7PFQ7SvH4o

What a bliss to fight your inner conflicts and wake up with a chaos filled mind. And above all else the streak of sarcasm that wouldn't leave your side
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6ly...e_gdata_player
    To our Soldiers, past an present, Thank You an God bless you....... Click here to enlarge...LORD I live by your Will. I shall die when you desire; Save me because you can..." "Never was fount so clear,
    undimmed and bright;
    From it alone, I know proceeds all light
    although 'tis night. .St John of the CROSS.."
    Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow." ST. Philip Neri.!! **
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Well John deer well cared for would last a life time, but you pay for them. I move 2 1/2 acres and a lot of it is hard cutting so I am hard on mowers. The sears single cyl models are know not to hold up well with either the Kolher or B&S engine.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    modified 2007 V-Rod DX
    Honda engines should last forever, I've had them on various work machines for over 10 years and still running strong after many, many hours.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.”

Bike
    09 ultra black
    That's the reason I bought the mower with the Honda motor it did last one more year than the Briggs know maybe the banging at start up is not a problem and will continue to work just fine but I'm just thinking ahead. A friend of mine suggested lawn boy I remember them from long ago just two-stroke engines they probably don't make any two strokes anymore
    "If a crash at the home airfield is inevitable, try to hit something soft and, preferably, inexpensive"

What a bliss to fight your inner conflicts and wake up with a chaos filled mind. And above all else the streak of sarcasm that wouldn't leave your side
    To our Soldiers, past an present, Thank You an God bless you....... Click here to enlarge...LORD I live by your Will. I shall die when you desire; Save me because you can..." "Never was fount so clear,
    undimmed and bright;

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    You should be looking at a power equipment store for commercial equipment for what you are doing Tom. Sometimes they look the same, but they are designed to last. When you see most good landscape companies, even when they have small mowers to get into smaller areas they don't use stuff from Sears, HD, lowes, etc. They are designed for the use you are putting them through and not the occasional mow that a homeowner would typically use it for. You will pay 3-4 times or more the price of a homeowner model, but in the long run it will save money.
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    Had good luck with my Kawasaki Engine on my Cub Cadet which lasted 8 Years with a whole lot of Lawn Cutting Done .. But not really a Pro on small engines of this type but still sold it like it was for 200.00 As no appearant Engine Damage but just couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start .. And was having a neighbor in need of money doing my lawn for more than a Fair Price and still doing it ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    09 ultra black
    At home I have an electric battery powered Weedwhacker and blower at work I have a battery powered Weedwhacker still have a gas blower I've been really checking into electric motors I have one that was given to me at home mower , I've had about seven years now it's a Black & Decker probably 24 V. I checked on a few websites like Home Depot And Lowes which I have accounts at work with the rupture like 80 V and self-propelled now so I'm going to check those out pretty close no gas no oil. I think there might be a pretty good deal

undimmed and bright;

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    You know Tom I never in a million years thought I'd hear myself recommend an electric over a gasser. Still....my son goes on about a rechargeable mower that does his whole yard without running the battery down. I'll have to ask him what it is.
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    You know Tom I never in a million years thought I'd hear myself recommend an electric over a gasser. Still....my son goes on about a rechargeable mower that does his whole yard without running the battery down. I'll have to ask him what it is.
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Would not mind hearing about this myself but wondering how big his yard is .. Mine is 1/2 acre but with the Buildings and Trees I have probably more like 1/4 acre, 1/3 Tops ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

+ Reply to Thread