HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool 2012 Street Glide built out to a 136cc.

Hello ,
    I am new to the group and also a new Harley rider. A few months ago I picked up a 2012 Street Glide, 10,000 miles and lots of extras including a bored out engine to a 136cc. The bike runs and looks great but the only problem I have been having is stalling when it gets hot . This only happens at red lights or backing into a spot in neutral and starts back up with no issues, so normally I will just stay on the throttle a little . I have been only using ethylene free fuel at 91 octane.

Any input or thoughts on the stalling would be appreciated.

Thanks, Evan

Bike
    modified 2007 V-Rod DX
    136????? That's a lot of heat.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.”

Bike
    2018 FLHTCU Ultra
    Evfire....welcome aboard.

I agree 136 is a lot of bore for that engine, but not enough info to determine how it was accomplished (and if tuned properly or if it's running rich or lean). Also, analysis may include whether bike may have sat up for a while. While I'm far from the guy to give you legit info, these are initial thoughts. Have you taken it to a shop?

My main purpose in responding is to welcome you to the fold, and let you know there are a bunch of knowledgeable guys here that may be able to assist and help you get to the root of your dilemma!
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2016 Tri Glide True V & H Duals, Stage one, and to much bling to list.
    Welcome to the forum from The Desert Southwest. I do most of my own wrenching but have to admit haven't been inside a HD engine yet but like Bob said that is a lot of bore.
    If it feels good DO IT

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Welcome sir ,,,
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special

2012 Street Glide built out to a 136cc.

Does it still have the HD engine temp management built into the ECM? Man I would LOVE to see some pics of your scoot. Welcome aboard man.
    -clutch-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2014 Road King
    Welcome to HT. Someone with more mechanical abilities than me will help you out I'm sure
    Haywire/Mark

Click here to enlarge
    CMC

If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space !!!

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Welcome from Northern California!
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

I'm assuming you mean 136 CI (Cubic Inches) as 136cc is single cylinder dirt bike and scooter territory. Do you know who built the engine? What components they used? You might have an oiling problem but in general big built harley engines need VERY high quality oil. Even Syn3 isn't very good at high temp. Once it breaks down you will see your oil pressure go to shit. The best thing you can do is replace that stupid worthless air temp sensor in the left side of the dash with an oil temp sensor. Then get yourself some amsoil or redline or something else top of the line in terms of oil. I also used to run about half a quart of lucas oil additive. That stuff is amazing and keeps your oil good till like 230-240 degrees. If that isn't your problem it could start getting expensive. You might have lifter issues (especially if the previous owner or you ran it like a raped ape). Also if they built a 136" engine they should have totally replaced the oil pump... stock one is NOT up to the task of even a 117" (trust me). Do you know is it a crate engine or just a built up stock unit?

thank you for all the great info. I will be contacting the shop that did most of the work and hopefully they can shed some light. again, I really appreciate your informed response. Thanks, Evan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast