HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
    Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra

Jim Nabors dead; star best known as Gomer Pyle was 87

Jim Nabors, the star who played the clumsy deputy sheriff Gomer Pyle on “The Andy Griffith Show” and eventually starred in his own spinoff, has died. He was 87.

Nabors' husband, Stan Cadwallader, told the Associated Press his longtime partner had died peacefully at home in Hawaii by his side.

Cadwallader says Nabors' health had been declining for the past year. His immune system also was suppressed after he underwent a liver transplant about 20 years ago.

Click Here For The Full Article>>
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    Click here to enlarge
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    66 FLH,79FXE,,07Ultra
    RIP Gomer.
    RIP T

Bike
    09 ultra black
    RIP Sir ,,,,
    From a WW1 RAF Flight Manual ...
    "If a crash at the home airfield is inevitable, try to hit something soft and, preferably, inexpensive"
    Popeye The Sailor - Wimpy The Moocher: http://youtu.be/Q7PFQ7SvH4o

What a bliss to fight your inner conflicts and wake up with a chaos filled mind. And above all else the streak of sarcasm that wouldn't leave your side
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6ly...e_gdata_player
    To our Soldiers, past an present, Thank You an God bless you....... Click here to enlarge...LORD I live by your Will. I shall die when you desire; Save me because you can..." "Never was fount so clear,
    undimmed and bright;
    From it alone, I know proceeds all light
    although 'tis night. .St John of the CROSS.."
    Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow." ST. Philip Neri.!! **
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special

Jim Nabors dead; star best known as Gomer Pyle was 87

I never knew he actually was a homosexual.
    -Clutch-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2009 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RumRunner Click here to enlarge
    Jim Nabors, the star who played the clumsy deputy sheriff Gomer Pyle on “The Andy Griffith Show” and eventually starred in his own spinoff, has died. He was 87.

Nabors' husband, Stan Cadwallader, told the Associated Press his longtime partner had died peacefully at home in Hawaii by his side.

Cadwallader says Nabors' health had been declining for the past year. His immune system also was suppressed after he underwent a liver transplant about 20 years ago.

Click Here For The Full Article>>

Loved Andy Griffith & Gomer Pyle....sad article likely written by someone who didn't grow up in that era, and didn't "read" their facts correctly (or perhaps I'm wrong). Gomer didn't "play the clumsy deputy sheriff", that was Don Knotts (as Barney Fife), although Gomer was deputized several times (by Barney), it was only for a day....he was the simpleton gas station attendant at Wally's Fillin Station (and in later episodes a crack mechanic without ever receiving training), until he joined the USMC for a spin-off. I also just loved how he twisted Sgt. Carter in knots.
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

+ Reply to Thread