HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Hereís where I am confused I have read several articles true or not Iím not a mechanic Harley Davidson at start up does not do certain break functioning cycling or checks with the antilock brake system. Like auto and trucks do at start up I equate this to be Ė lights coming on or if you have a motor vehicle be information system saying all systems are correct. Second thing comes to mind how many auto and truck owners never change the brake fluid most I bet and I have been in a lot of junkyards go to their salvage yards with the same brake fluid that was put in by the factory 10 15 20 years later so I donít know what the differences between brake systems. Both are anti-lock systems. my bike just not have antilock brakes and I did change my brake fluid about a year ago having standard breaks it Easy quick process.
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    If you have ABS. Changing the brake fluid you self is a waste of time. The ABS unit needs to be cycled during the fluid change. You can not do it with out the equipment. No madder what any Internet video tells you. You can change fluid and if you don't get air in system it will not set codes and need to be reset by HD. However the ABS unit will not be flushed.
    When they do the service it is actually done twice. HD is also switching to a higher grade DOT4. Some auto manufactures have done the same.
    Your bike and car/truck have totally different systems. The bikes is much smaller in every way.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RumRunner Click here to enlarge
    Well I checked the vin search and my bike is listed as affected by the recall. It says they will do a brake fluid change free of charge. I am going to have to look through my records and see if mine has been done in the last 2 years, can't remember. I wonder if they will do it anyway even if it's been done. And good point Jay, for people like me that don't do my own service for most things, what if the dealer or indy is not actually doing the change. Miss one and you are on a 4 year cycle then. My bike is at the dealer in storage, will have to stop in and see what's up.
    Chances are you are fine, sounds like you have a good Dealer, although would most certainly follow up like you are .. But betting some Dealers didn't do this or would not be an affected Recall .. While have no doubt for the most part Dealerships are honorable and do good work .. But it only takes one Shoddy one for someone to get killed, and I don't know of any factory recalls there was not a death involved ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    I have an appointment with Redding Harley Davidson to do the brake fluid on March 6th. Would have ask for sooner but the 6th is the first long range forecast clear day. News says rain and snow beginning tomorrow AM and I'm just too stinking old and fragile to ride in weather anymore. Like Clint Eastwood said, A man's gotta know his limitations.
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Smart move Ray! Plenty of time to get it done in a safe manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

l got the recall notice in the mail, but l'm not taking it in. Just had the fluid changed for the 3rd time at 100,000 miles. Just now a little over 114,000. And trading it in sometime in March.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Took it to Redding Harley Davidson today for the recall, brakes seem too work better now...bought the scoot a little present while there:

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2