HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

Another Sidecar adventure starts

Wife an I know the time is coming for a sidecar on a 900lbs plus Touring bike. Tikes do not fit our needs nor appeal to either of us.
    The process of picking one and all the extras starts now. Along with this is a planned stop at Hannigan motorsports in Murry KY in May. Murry KY is about 530 miles from us so they rose to the top of the list quickly. For our needs it appears the Classic Twin Sidecar is the best option.
    Now it is a madder of going down the list of what is necessary, and what are nice to have options we will want. If you wish to go down this list with us I will gladly share the information.
    First step is a point of contact at Hannigan. That was taken care of today. Second is a 3 page check list to go down line by line check off as yes , no , maybe and need more information. What is clear No short cuts it will be done right.
    Not a good picture of the hack but it will do for now. It is a flip open type for easy entry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Wife and l don't like trikes either. lnterested on how this works out for you.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    So far I have settle on Steer-lite raked tree 4.5 degree and Steering damper. Some will say that riding with the car off and a rake tree is not recommended. I spent some time to today with an expert on the subject. He strongly disagreed. He put like this few rides around the block and you will be fine with .
    Looking at purchase and have it installed at HD over the winter, we shall see .
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Definitely going about it right and knowing what you are after ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2016 Tri Glide True V & H Duals, Stage one, and to much bling to list.
    Top I am still working on that one I pmd you about a while back it runs great but needs the car adjusted to the bike better because it is hard steering but I contacted Motorvation (great people) got the install manual but haven't had a chance to get the adjustment done. I rode this and it's a kick. I didn't think I would like it but actually it was fun and my wife liked being in out of the cold. I may buy it myself. by the way thanks for the help.
    If it feels good DO IT

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by santajim Click here to enlarge
    Top I am still working on that one I pmd you about a while back it runs great but needs the car adjusted to the bike better because it is hard steering but I contacted Motorvation (great people) got the install manual but haven't had a chance to get the adjustment done. I rode this and it's a kick. I didn't think I would like it but actually it was fun and my wife liked being in out of the cold. I may buy it myself. by the way thanks for the help.
    Does the bike have a raked tree on it? Just like a trike a raked tree reduces steering effort up to 60%.
    Working on aligning it right some long straight 2x4 or 2v6 works well. Long level , short Level square.
    Make darn sure bike and car are supported remove a mount the whole thing can come down on you.
    A proper set up sidecar is a blast and is very flexible. You may find this a good read.
    http://www.motorvation.com/scmanul1.htm
    Last edited by smitty901; 03-01-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I remember that 1940 ish old Dnper bike I had from Russia it had a sidecar and I think your angle of the sidecar in ward at the front 4 ,,the triple trees like the 70 3FLH I had the police bike you could undo the bolt at the bottom of the triple tree and pull the bottom outword of the front tire and forks which gave you with additional rake in the triple tree
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    An option for the front end is to go with an HD trike tree ,HD trike damper and the 2 inch longer HD trike Tubes. Cost more because of the tube cost but nice clean install. That would result in a 6 degree rake.

Just for fun check this one out . It is done right in every way. Pictures do not do it justice.

https://www.mischlershd.com/default....ownedinventory
    Last edited by smitty901; 03-01-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    Decided on front end. I am going with HD trike parts. Tree, the 2 inch longer tubes and trike damper. Adds a little cost but will give a set up that keeps bike height the same with car on or off. Ordered the parts today.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Sounds like it will work big positive to your benefit
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast