HarleyTalking
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Bike
    09 ultra black
    When every year at the shop that’s doing the work take some pictures. It sounds like they have the knowledge to do fabricating and something out of the ordinary ..
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    When every year at the shop that’s doing the work take some pictures. It sounds like they have the knowledge to do fabricating and something out of the ordinary ..
    Tom, they are outstanding even better an HD dealer. The Trike front end would be a direct swap on a bat wing faring. My RGU required a little more work.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    The Front end is on. More details latter. The wheel base is increased 4 inches to 68 inches. The rake is slightly noticeable. Bike handles better now than it ever did. There will be no problem if I want to take the sidecar on and off.
    More pictures to come.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28dfcsF]Click here to enlarge
    Notice no more faring support brackets and Stabilizer installed

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28dfdrV]Click here to enlarge

[url=https://flic.kr/p/26QFgq4]Click here to enlarge
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    This is what was done to it:
    Free Wheeler trip tree. TRI glide one would not work with out some other changes the two are shape a little different
    2 inch longer Tubes from Tri glide (Complete)
    Tri Gilde Steering Stabilizer Brackets had to be customized a little
    Minor timing of Speed/tach housing to clear inter faring. This could have been a void if I wanted to use a wedge that tip faring . I chose not to at this time.
    Minor trimming of the ignition cover for clearance.
    RG faring supports were eliminated wit and internal brace
    While it does not look liked it a bit of labor involved. leaving it to a pro was a good call.
    The bike now has a slightly difference stance. While it appears to nose up in the front inseam footing is better now. I have not figured out why yet.
    Stock HD tour rake is 26 degrees . Keep in mind that is the frame neck not the tree The tree added about 7 degree rake
    The wheel base went from 64 inches to 68 inches.
    Big Thunder storm of I would be out riding now.
    I had expected with out the side car for it to be a bit touchy in slow tight turns. Like the old extend front in we use to bolt on. Turns out not to be an issue. That was the reason for doing it this way instead of just bolting on a aftermarket Raked tree.
    Slipped out for a bit of city riding and highway last night and this morning. I did not really need to make any changes in how I ride it. Hit a couple S curves at 80-90 mph and it held a great line the whole time.

This shows the brace that replaced the supports look along the lower edge of the faring Black round steel raps around the inside of the faring

[url=https://flic.kr/p/277SnJs]Click here to enlarge

Tear down . What a mess

[url=https://flic.kr/p/277Sqes]Click here to enlarge

Finished view from the Seat

[url=https://flic.kr/p/288Umpy]Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge100_3260 by bob smith, on Flickr
    Last edited by smitty901; 06-15-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    Dianne Feinstein:

That's a great write-up! Thanks. Really helps understand the process. And nice to know the bike can be ridden without the sidecar and no significant handling changes.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    That's a great write-up! Thanks. Really helps understand the process. And nice to know the bike can be ridden without the sidecar and no significant handling changes.
    AZ, that is why we went the route we did and not take the short cut of just bolting a raked tree on. IIMO it handles better. It was already in peaces so I had new coke bottle shaped grip installed and new plug wire notice one was rubbing .
    I would be out riding now but huge Thunder Storm going on.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Lookin great!!!!
    Sunny here today
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    After we got back from a Graduation party last night got out for a ride. I had wanted to see how the front end work effected the head lights. Took off for about an hour. All seems right. I may latter do a little adjusting. To raise the beam a bit.
    Pushed the bike a bit whiling riding . I am comfortable with how it handles with the front end work. It also seems easier to get off the Jiffy stand to up right.
    Breakfast, Church drop off Grandchildren , then ride it some more.
    I have not posted any cost yet. They have been to busy to work on the paper work. I should get a final bill next week some time. Not to many places you have that much work done and ride out with out payment on the spot.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/288Ukcy]Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by smitty901; 06-17-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2018 FLHTCU Ultra
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    always appreciate the projects Smitty undertakes....and respect the time he takes to let us peek over his shoulder. Thanks Top!
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw Click here to enlarge
    always appreciate the projects Smitty undertakes....and respect the time he takes to let us peek over his shoulder. Thanks Top!
    Hang on When the hack goes on this will be fun. We have to work around the Radiators in the lowers, but still get a clean install. If I was not going to remove the side at all I would move the radiators to the side car some where it would not be all that hard to do.
    For now I am riding it.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast