HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Summer Vacation Ride

Well, our summer vacation ride is finally all set. We began planning back in January and all the loose ends were just tied up this weekend.

Sometime the first week of July, I'll be shipping Betsy out to Lawless Harley Davidson in Renton WA ( Suburb of Seattle), with an arrival date of between Aug. 1st - 6th. We'll be flying into Seattle on the morning of the 8th and pick her that afternoon. The following morning we'll pack up and head out on our way. First stop...Whistler, BC Canada, we'll spend the night there and then off to Kamloops, BC Canada for a night and then on to Canmore BC where we have rented a condo for a week with some friends. We'll spend the week riding the Canadian Rockies as well as looking for some local watering holes with good local dark beer and eats. From there we'll head down to Glacier National Park for 3 days, where we'll ride the "Road to the Sun" and whatever else Cathy has figured out for us to do. Then its off to Yellowstone National Park. We'll spend 3 days in West Yellowstone MT, 3 days in Gardiner MT and 3 days in Cody WY. During those 9 days, we should be able to cover just about every road around as well as do a little hiking and site seeing. From there we'll head down to Moose WY where we'll spend 3 days in a "rustic cabin" and checking out the Grand Tetons. After we've had our fill of the "rustic cabin" it'll be time to head back towards SE Georgia, with a stop in Heber Springs AR to visit some old friends. We'll be gone for 30 days and I figure, with the riding we'll do around different places, we'll have put close to 7000 miles on Betsy before we pull back into the driveway on or about Sept. 6th.

Definitely want to try and do a few meet and greets along the way if possible. Hopefully the first and foremost of which will be with Clint somewhere in Seattle. The attached map shows our approximate route. If anyone else along the way would like to meet up, just let me know (PM me) and we can alter our route somewhat to accommodate.

2018 Vaca.jpg
    Wayne
    Past Master 1995
    Old Fort Lodge 420
    Summerville, SC

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" Click here to enlarge

Sometimes it takes a full tank of gas before you can think straight.Click here to enlarge

2010 Ultra Classic - Flame Blue pearl & Brilliant Silver Pearl

Bike
    2004 GeezerGlide Classic
    Have fun...Looks like one hell of a ride...

Bike
    2008 105th Anny Ultra
    Looks like a great trip....if I could only take 30 straight days off from work
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Only thing that comes to mind is "WOW".......
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Enjoy the ride and keep us posted along the way
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Have Fun and stay safe out there ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2018 FLHTCU Ultra
    all the above exclamations and then some!!! This would be my "trip of a lifetime"....I may just have to copy/paste and dream about this post retirement (6 years). Extremely excited to watch this unfold, please keep us up-to-date as much as possible, and stay safe!
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2014 LIMITED true duals,stage on e,custom striping, and more..
    Sounds like a good trip Wayne.
    We have ours laid out too.
    We leave the Desert on July 10 headed to Yelloowstone. Zion the second day( found a Harley Themed hotel in Hatch Ut. for that night) Bryce the third then work our way north up through to Vernal where we will spend 2 days riding around the Flaming Gorge area with a couple I have met on another forum. Then on to Afton for a Cabin for the night and on up through Jackson to the south entrance of Yellowstone and on to West Yellowstone where we have a room for three days to see the park then down to Twin Falls for one night with my Brother and then banzi home. Can't wait.
    If it feels good DO IT

Wayne, that sounds like a great vacation. That is some beautiful country you're heading to.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    A ride is never complete until you have done it in Both Directions.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast