HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bike
    2018 FLHTCU Ultra
    friggin awesome...I'll be watching!
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

Bike
    2016 Tri Glide True V & H Duals, Stage one, and to much bling to list.
    Have an awesome ride.
    If it feels good DO IT

That is an impressive ride. Hope the weather works in your favor. And you have safe travels.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    2017 EG Ultra Ltd CVO
    Awesome bro. Have a safe ride. Keep us posted on your progress when you have time.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost.
    "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." Albert Einstein.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." Isaac Asimov.

Tetris Champion!
    Bike
    2018 FLHTK
    I was starting to get concerned about Glacier NP being open. I had a plan to go around it on the way up and through it on the way back, but it wasn't plan A. Going to the Sun Road just opened yesterday, so we're back to plan A!

I will finish setting up the bike this weekend, and it should be ready to point North by Monday. Then, it's just waiting for the clock to tick down until Friday. I talked to my friend this week, and it sounds like he's going to Fairbanks. He doesn't want to do the Haul Road, and I won't debate it with him. He can spend some time riding around Middle Alaska, and I'll meet back up with him and head for Florida.

If anyone wants my SpotWalla link, send me a PM before Thursday. I don't like to put it out in public.
    __________________________________________________ __

2018 FLHTK
    1965 FLHFB
    2016.5 XL1200CX (Buh Bye)
    2015 FLHTK (C Ya)
    2011 FLHTK (Gonzo)
    2009 FLHX (gone)
    2004 FLHTCUI (gonner)
    2003 FLTRI/FLHTCI (farther gone)
    1999 FLHR (long gone)
    1981 FXE (gonnest)

A wife, three daughters, and even my GPS tells me what to do!

Tetris Champion!
    Bike
    2018 FLHTK
    No real ride report yet, but I did want to add a quick note that completed the ride as planned, using one of my ďcushionĒ days in Deadhorse, waiting out a cold front.

My friend did much of the ride with me, but wisely chose to skip the haul road. He also stayed in Florida as he has a house down there and planned on this.

I would encourage anyone considering riding the haul road on a HD touring bike to look into more suitable options. Iím not saying it canít be done. It has been done by many over the years. Iím saying that road can be brutal in places. You will be riding near the edge of the bikeís capabilities. For those not accustomed to riding on gravel, you will be riding near the edge of your capabilities, too. Again, it can be done, but please donít think itís ďjust another roadĒ. I donít intend to sound like a martyr, but this is the opinion I formed on the ride and am sharing it as such.

I did the entire ride in 15 days, and the UCC in 7. I will have better stats in a later post. The Entire trip was 11,513 miles according to my GPS, with 5,552 of them attributed to the UCC.

Thatís all Iím going to post for now, but I plan to put together a more in depth report over the next month or two.
    __________________________________________________ __

2018 FLHTK
    1965 FLHFB
    2016.5 XL1200CX (Buh Bye)
    2015 FLHTK (C Ya)
    2011 FLHTK (Gonzo)
    2009 FLHX (gone)
    2004 FLHTCUI (gonner)
    2003 FLTRI/FLHTCI (farther gone)
    1999 FLHR (long gone)
    1981 FXE (gonnest)

A wife, three daughters, and even my GPS tells me what to do!

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Wow
    Sounds like a hell of a ride .....
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2018 FLHTCU Ultra
    interesting
    Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2