HarleyTalking

Noisy Dog Bowl on Heritage Classic?

A while back my '18 Heritage Classic started making a fairly loud rubbing sort of noise, coming from the front wheel, at around 30 mph. I'm pretty sure it's not a brake pad dragging because putting on the front brake doesn't change it. Nothing is rubbing on the tire. When I spin the dog bowl it makes a very similar sound to what I hear when riding. I'm wondering if that useless piece of crap (which otherwise makes a very good sound transducer) is somehow responsible. If I had the tools, I'd take it off, but I don't.

Hoping someone has some experience with this and can advise.

thx

Bike
    09 ultra black
    If you’re speaking of the chrome hubcap on the front tire I know on my mid-70s police bike it was spot welded onto the spacer or the shoulder of the spacer and the spot welds broke and I ended up taking it off.
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    If you’re speaking of the chrome hubcap on the front tire I know on my mid-70s police bike it was spot welded onto the spacer or the shoulder of the spacer and the spot welds broke and I ended up taking it off.
    Yes, it's the hubcap like thing. On my bike it is not welded. It has a nylon bushing and will rotate independently of the wheel, but it doesn't turn with the wheel.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    That’s where mine differs well my 1975 or it was the 73 I think it rotated with the wheel ,, if it still under warranty I’d stop at dealer ..
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...