HarleyTalking

Bike
    09 ultra black

Getting used to the fat boy

Or making it fit better
    I found that the brake pedal I was picking my foot up off the floor board and putting it on the pedal unlike my other bike which I just stepped on the pedal with my heel still on the floorboard .
    Quick to realize well quick for me at this frame is shorter , so I went looking for a longer break pedal I found one not knowing if it would fit it in the end did have to fiddle with it a bit. not too much that had to trim off about 1/8 of an inch on the inside tube that slides over the bolt and I had to add a nylon washer on the outboard side. And I had A zert fitting is this must’ve been from a new model and it didn’t have one seemed a good idea might need some grease now and then .
    I have a can of nylon odds and ends my wife used to run a injection molding company not long after we got married and she has a can full of rejects that she brought home years ago unfortunately this is also where she got injured on the job.
    the arm I think this was from a touring bike don’t know what year but it put it up higher I am further outward toward the front of the bike I can now put my foot under the brake pedal of course you would want to do that in the city but I have full use of the floorboard as before it was quite restricted or you had to have a little feet and my feet are not little ,so this allows me to not be so cramped up on the bike. I’m not tall I’m 59 but that sure helps. I’m really enjoying the Fatboy It’s solid mounted the engine and vibrates which really helps with my arthritis it’s definitely old-school. Here are a couple of pictures . I also made a sissy bar with a wrench in the middle as an attachment point for bungee things too I got a set of old heritage bags because the horse saddle bags I had on there going to burn in the bottom ,and for wintertime I scrounged up old windshield.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Looks good. I a few miles you will settle right in. The FB's form that time are a blast to ride.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Good work Tom! I love the wrench in the sissy bar, thatís just cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

Lookin' good Tom. Nothing like making it your own!
    Wayne
    Past Master 1995
    Old Fort Lodge 420
    Summerville, SC

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" Click here to enlarge

Sometimes it takes a full tank of gas before you can think straight.Click here to enlarge

2010 Ultra Classic - Flame Blue pearl & Brilliant Silver Pearl

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    it Looks Great Tom ... Wishing you many Happy Miles on it ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I found some old Panhead rizors I tried heritage bars that I had put on but itís not exactly what I felt I was looking for after I installed them but the Panhead risers put me up 2 inches just kind of tinkering with the bike. I have an old windshield Iíll put on for the winter time I had to trim it down a little bit ,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    I found some old Panhead rizors I tried heritage bars that I had put on but it’s not exactly what I felt I was looking for after I installed them but the Panhead risers put me up 2 inches just kind of tinkering with the bike. I have an old windshield I’ll put on for the winter time I had to trim it down a little bit ,
    Good Option .. Loved how the Heritage Bars fit me on my 04 Heritage but we are all different in Ergo Comfort ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse