HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

The HD Clutch recall

The HD Clutch recall has been known about for a couple weeks official notices have been showing up. It is more of a preventive recall as there are not a lot of failures, the problem is a seal leaking. Dealer call me today and ask when I wanted mine done. So they are doing it 0900 Monday. Lot of people making a big deal about this with out looking at it.
    The recall noticed post is not accurate It is 2017,2018 Touring and some others
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

l'm not excited about it. l'm gonna make an appointment sometime after Thanksgiving. Not really in a hurry.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    Tom , I do not put much faith in that guy he is not every good at what he does.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Often you tube is for entertainment ..
    I have learned from some vids from other people ...

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    Often you tube is for entertainment ..
    I have learned from some vids from other people ...
    So right. When listening to him I have heard him give the wrong capacity for primary and transmissions. He seems to be unaware that it has changed depending on year . If you are going to present your self as an expert you should check you information first.
    If you do not then , everything else you say is suspect.
    Snowed early this morning, May ride the RGU in a drop it off today. My plans changed for Monady I am taking Payton to school so would not make it by 0800 for the appointment.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Subscribed just to see if you were really affected, I have been in several recalls Harley, Indian, and Victory, and the only one that actually affected me was the Victory Saddlebag Latch .. The Rest were just quick checks and all okay ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I remember when I had my 75 police bike FLH. I actually looked back and it wasn’t so much I guess her recall but they did say to look for breaking spokes apparently they had a problem with spokes the broke and sure enough I had one spoke it was gone so somebody never replaced it they just took it out after it broke off.

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    Subscribed just to see if you were really affected, I have been in several recalls Harley, Indian, and Victory, and the only one that actually affected me was the Victory Saddlebag Latch .. The Rest were just quick checks and all okay ..
    Mine has shown no issues. HD did a wide recall , they just do not know how many of the supplies parts could leak. I have been lucky in the past never had a failure of a recalled item. In this case the effects of a failure are serious so HD has not held back.
    I do not know of nor has the dealer had any fail. Some seem to think the issue maybe on bikes that sit. But no real proof of that. Easy to check it will leak from under the right side cover
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    Mine was done this morning right on time. They do replace the Fluid with the new PLATINU Brake fluid. They did remove sidecar body to get at it. Road it about 100 miles in 26 degree weather noticed no difference. Works as it should.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast