HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1

Little More Work for the 05 ..

Was not all that noticeable until the Temperature Dropped .. But 90% Sure Need some Intake Seals .. Already ordered the Kit from James Gaskets which includes the Carb Kit as well .. Will be sure that is the cause but have no doubt the Intake Seals are Original and a PITA to change but with the cold Temps been getting lately for North FL figure is a good time to do it .. When I get done it will be right .. While have the Fuel Tank off will also Change the Fuel Filter and Hoses as well as Rebuild the Carb.. Can't complain too much as most all the work I have done to the 05 was mostly of my own choosing .. 2 1/2 Years and over 20,000 Miles of Riding Pleasure with no problems on a 14 year old Ride ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Last time I needed to change the intake manifold gaskets I went ahead and bought 12 of them just figuring I’ll or someone will them there not expensive. Here is an excellent video and this is what I did to my 98 fat boy when I got it nobody did touch the carburetor it was coughing like the usual CV s do
    I tell you this is like night and day
    https://youtu.be/iTPPP8jkje4
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    Good CV Carb Video ..

Bike

Thumbs up

All Set Now .. New Intake, Seals, Exhaust Gaskets, Carb Rebuilt except for the Jets which cleaned and added New O Rings, Added a New Shiny Chrome Top when Installed the New Vacuum Slide and Spring .. Also showed signs of Hit and Miss on the CKP ( Crank Position Sensor so replaced that as well .. Running like a New One Now and didn't really think it was running that bad to start with .. Click here to enlarge

CarbNew.jpg

CarbNew1.jpg

Nice work. Ready for many more miles.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Way to go Click here to enlarge jay
    it’s been a little cold here but not too much snow so I’ve been able to ride when I can but I also did work on my bike that’s one thing I do enjoy the older bikes there are more things to do I adjusted my neck bearings and greased them fix the leaky rocker box gasket in the back replace the primary chain with a used one I had and lots a little things

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    Way to go Click here to enlarge Jay
    it’s been a little cold here but not too much snow so I’ve been able to ride when I can but I also did work on my bike that’s one thing I do enjoy the older bikes there are more things to do

I adjusted my neck bearings and greased them fix the leaky rocker box gasket in the back replace the primary chain with a used one I had and lots a little things
    I can still enjoy wrenching myself as well Tom .. The sweet part of an older Ride is can find some Brand New Parts for an older Ride for great prices if do a bit of Searching .. Many of the Parts I got were at a big discount compared to what they Cost New .. Best one's was my Quick Release Windshield and Mustang Seat .. Less than 1/2 of List Price .. I actually could have used my original Intake and just added seals but got such a good price on a Brand New Intake decided to go ahead and get it just in case .. Reason for that was when had to do that on my FXR4 the seal areas of the Intake had been slightly bent and chewed up from some idiot who overtightened it or didn't tighten them all together evenly which is critical on this job and become worthless when that happens .. But this one other than needing some cleaning up from the old seals would have worked fine .. So now have a good intake that might help someone out who needs this size .. Got it all cleaned up and looking New Again .. Just glad got it done as soon as I did Rode near all day yesterday on Both Rides as we have severe Thunderstorms coming for the next 2-3 days .. So will be riding my truck to visit my son who is working the Panama City area from the Hurricane ..

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    Nice work. Ready for many more miles.

Planning on it Curt .. 31,000 Miles Now from it's original 17K definitely ready to do another 30K+ Hopefully with just Gas Tires & Oil ..

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Definitely second that used parts
    I got a rear rocker arm for mine for $15 used actual Harley part. Now I could’ve got four brand new ones China for the same price I actually seen is set for seven dollars after market.but I went with an OEM product here

Bike
    2014 Road King
    Nice Jay... ya treat her good...... and I am sure she will treat you well for many more miles
    Haywire/Mark

Click here to enlarge
    CMC

If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast