HarleyTalking

The story behind my 2nd and 3rd bike

My 2nd bike is a 1998 FXDWG. The bike was bought brand new by my dad in 98. It has made 2 runs to Sturgis . My mom and dad made the trip 2 times with her. They leave out of CA and run up to sturgis. From there the run to ILLINOIS then across to NY then back to CA. So she has seen a lot of road time and was also dads daily rider until 2010. Then she sat for 5 yrs. Dad retired then him and I struck a deal and I took her off his hands. We agreed on payment and it was the best for both of us because it would help supplement his income and not brake me. A year went by and I paid her off. So again dad and I sat down . We started talking about the 49 Panhead. I was thinking there is no way he would let go of it. As we talked about old times and the places it has been and where it had taken him and I. Dad has had the 49 since I can remember . I thought well here goes. I started with you know dad she has been sitting for 15 yrs or more now. He simply said yes I think itís time to let her go. I almost shit myself when he said that. So we work out a deal with payments again. Dad and I are currently going through hear replacing gaskets and a few other things. I canít wait until we are done with it. I have not been on that bike since I was a boy. It will be the first time I ride her. I mean dad used to haul me around on it but never rode her myself. Iím glad my dad let me take her of his hands she is still in the family and one day will be handed down to my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    That is great, I would hate to see that pan leave the family too.
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Heck yea ,,,,,
    When you get the pan finished you’ll have to fired up and take a video. I think any year Panhead would would be my dream bike !!!!!!!!
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Great story. Nice that it stays in the family.

On a side note, l've eaten at the Mexican restaurant in California City.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    2016 Tri Glide True V & H Duals, Stage one, and to much bling to list.
    Great story I'll bet your dad is proud of you for what you are doing to both bikes.
    If it feels good DO IT

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    Great story. Nice that it stays in the family.

On a side note, l've eaten at the Mexican restaurant in California City.
    Which one? We may know some of the same people. I know if your out of Ridgecrest you might of heard of Earl Burley. That guy is a wealth of knowledge.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by santajim Click here to enlarge
    Great story I'll bet your dad is proud of you for what you are doing to both bikes.
    He likes the time we spend working on them together. Says it reminds him of when I was little. Except now I can help and just not bug the shit out of him. Lol

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    Man that was a GREAT read. I am most definitely going to need to get back Cal City way and share some road with you! I lived in North Edwards from 2005 until 2016.

"The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    Man that was a GREAT read. I am most definitely going to need to get back Cal City way and share some road with you! I lived in North Edwards from 2005 until 2016.

Iíll be here. Ben here for just about 30 years now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bryan1976 Click here to enlarge
    Which one? We may know some of the same people. I know if your out of Ridgecrest you might of heard of Earl Burley. That guy is a wealth of knowledge.

Well it so happens it was clutchglass from this forum that l visited. And he may recall the particular restaurant we went to. I wouldn't know anyone else from that area.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.