HarleyTalking

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

M8 battery tender cable

In the past the Battery tender cable was a cable of it's own and fuse in the cable. It was an add on and many dealer just installed them right away. Then HD shipped bikes with them. I found out yesterday the M8 cable is part of the bikes hard wired system. There is a 20 amp fuse in the fuse box for it. Just figure I would post it so you don't take stuff apart looking for the in line fuse, that of course is not there.
    Note to self put spare 20 amp mini fuse in tour pack
    Last edited by smitty901; 12-21-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    In the past the Battery tender cable was a cable of it's own and fuse in the cable. It was an add on and many dealer just installed them right away. Then HD shipped bikes with them. I found out yesterday the M8 cable is part of the bikes hard wired system. There is a 20 amp fuse in the fuse box for it. Just figure I would post it so you don't take stuff apart looking for the in line fuse, that of course is not there.
    Note to self put spare 20 amp mini fuse in tour pack

Good Infomation to know, and Thanks for Sharing .. Not Sure will ever be a M8 in my future, but Ride with a few that have them and will pass it on ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    Caught me off guard. Getting ready to install a power vision, on the bike I want it for a couple reason. I had charger hooked up and some how bumped the clips and split second ground out had blow the fuse.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

It's a 7.5 amp fuse on my '18 Heritage. What bike are you seeing a 20 amp fuse on?

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biker45ever Click here to enlarge
    It's a 7.5 amp fuse on my '18 Heritage. What bike are you seeing a 20 amp fuse on?
    On the 2017 RGU it is not a add on cable the top 20 AMP controls it. It does not have the in line fuse like the older models did.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biker45ever Click here to enlarge
    You may be right on your bike but on the 2017 and newer Touring bikes the Pig tail is hard wired into the system and is controlled by the 20 AMP fuse . I will gladly pull the side cover and show the fuse.
    The fuse is in the the fuse panel. NOT in line on the pig tail.
    That is why I posted it. I had expected it to be a in line 7.5 as it had always been.
    Dianne Feinstein: