HarleyTalking
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Dirty as heck right now from riding in snow but I know for a fact 195/60R16 fits prefect and has no effect on speedo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I wonder why so many say that it is not wise to use the car tire on a motorcycle. When they appear or at least some say they last so much longer there must be something I’m missing.
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2009 Heritage, 1983 V65, Bad Ass 2011 Dyna, 14 VROD Muscle, 78 XS 1100
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    I wonder why so many say that it is not wise to use the car tire on a motorcycle. When they appear or at least some say they last so much longer there must be something I’m missing.
    Most of the arguments come from the profile of the tire, car tires are flat, motorcycles are round. When you go into a turn, the centerline on the tires change, with the rear becoming slightly out of line with center. If you were pushing the motorcycle to the edge of the envelope, I'd say stay away from a car tire. But for everyday riding, including tossing your Harley through the twisties, it grabs the road as good as or better than any motorcycle tire. Most folks just immediately assume it's a terrible idea and refuse to see it as anything else.

I don't know how many miles you could put on one, the tire I used was some obscure brand, but it went through 15k miles and never appeared to wear at all. I took it off when I sold the bike. I did a lot of things with that Heritage's rear tire, such as converting the spoked rim into a tubeless tire at the same time I put the car tire on. Used silicone and duct tape... That worked like a charm as well.
    Riding between the lines,
    PD

“Ride with an idle whip, Ride with an unused heel. But once in a way, there will come a day... When the colt must be taught to feel, the lash that falls, and the curb that galls, and the sting of the rowelled heel.”

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    I just came back from a ride. It is 10 degrees out. I backed down my driveway and some of the place I went had ice and snow. Rode over it with easy with the car tire . With a motorcycle tire it would have been a real pain. I would have bet against it riding all the way up my drive way.
    Warming up now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123