HarleyTalking
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Dropped it off today. Weather is suppose to get nasty on Saturday. 4 degrees when I left the house heading to Dealer. But it was a nice ride . Should be done Monday some time.

Look Forward to Hearing how it works out for you ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    The reverse is installed. But 5 inches of snow coming on the ice it can sit there a few days. $1910 dollars parts and labor. That included removing the sidecar body and putting t back and a full wash job.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2009 Heritage, 1983 V65, Bad Ass 2011 Dyna, 14 VROD Muscle, 78 XS 1100
    I'd like to see it working, sounds like it would be handy as a shirt pocket.
    Riding between the lines,
    PD

“Ride with an idle whip, Ride with an unused heel. But once in a way, there will come a day... When the colt must be taught to feel, the lash that falls, and the curb that galls, and the sting of the rowelled heel.”

Bike
    The system has a kill switch if you try to use reverse while it is in gear. I left it at dealer we are getting sub zero temps snow ,Ice. Back tire in no worn out on the bike yet but considering just putting the Car tire on now. Bike is sitting at the dealer.
    Get it done now I would have time to ride with t before any of our planned trips in May. Bike was dirty for riding in snow and slush when this was taken. but it give an idea of how it looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    Had the Car tire installed today Used a hankook 426 190/60-R16. Match factory height prefect. It was only .39 of an inch wider fit with no issues. The bead fit right on the rim as it should. Had Ride on put in to balance it, Looks wide as heck.
    Bike handled well on the way home on some Ice and snow.
    I did try the reverse it works .
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Had the Car tire installed today Used a hankook 426 190/60-R16. Match factory height prefect. It was only .39 of an inch wider fit with no issues. The bead fit right on the rim as it should. Had Ride on put in to balance it, Looks wide as heck.
    Bike handled well on the way home on some Ice and snow.
    I did try the reverse it works .

Cool, might find out you like that Car Tire well enough to run it for 30,000-40,000 Miles .. Time will tell ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    Cool, might find out you like that Car Tire well enough to run it for 30,000-40,000 Miles .. Time will tell ..
    I am sure that it won't give the mileage it would on a car but should wear better than a motorcycle tire. I would not likely do it on a normal bike , but no real downside on a Sidecar rig. Pictures of the tire latter bike is a mess right now
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I remember the car tire was quite the discussion on other forms not as a sidecar rig bike but putting it on a regular bike people were saying it was so much more mileage. As they were unhappy with the low mileage they were getting from the normal rear tire. Then others brought up the fact it does not have the curvature of a motorcycle tire a lot of gold wing riders were doing it now this is quite a few years back. I think they called it going to the Darkside.
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    I rode on the 'Darkside' for a couple of years with my Heritage. That thing stuck like glue in the corners, no weird handling and I never did wear the tire out. Only thing I didn't like was the actual appearance of the tire. I can't remember the brand but to fit the Heritage I had to go to a tire used on taxis, I think maybe over in England, but not sure, but it was butt ugly. I intend to convert my Glide over to it as soon as it needs tires.
    PD

“Ride with an idle whip, Ride with an unused heel. But once in a way, there will come a day... When the colt must be taught to feel, the lash that falls, and the curb that galls, and the sting of the rowelled heel.”

Bike
    PD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast