HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

6 Speed reverse gear set

The RGU sidecar rig has been done awhile. A fair amount of winter riding has proven it to be worthy. When wife and I go we are not worried about pushing limits. We often find our self in places you maybe should not go on a road bike.
    For this reason I am considering a reverse on the Rig. I know of 3 brands Baker makes one the seem to be real proud of looking at the price. Moto Trike makes one that some seem to swear by and Champion . Some reading seems to place high marks on the Champion due to it's slower speed.
    Any experience with any of them ?
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    No Experience here but have been told told by a few Baker is worth the money .. But this is only 2nd hand information, they may be saying it because they spent it .. Seen this before on other additions made on Rides once it's spent some will justify the cost regardless ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    No Experience here but have been told told by a few Baker is worth the money .. But this is only 2nd hand information, they may be saying it because they spent it .. Seen this before on other additions made on Rides once it's spent some will justify the cost regardless ..
    Barker makes a good product, but they are over rated. No one comes on the net after have a Baker fail and gripes. Kind of like when a Glock fails. I have seen Baker products with issues. Monday I am going to go over the idea with HD dealer. I know they have installed a few but never bother to look at the brand.
    We could live without it but I know we will find places that just push the limits without one. When we go somewhere it is not just a bar hop if a rood looks interesting we try it. We darn sure had some on shit moments on the Touring bikes over the years.
    That is not going to change yet.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    Talked it over with Dealer this morning. The Have used a lot of the Moto trike ones . They had some reasons they like them. The shear Key was one of them. This is one of those time I go with the one that gets paid to to know. Parts will be order, they will get it in when they get here.
    This chit keeps up I will have more in the bike Than our first home.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1

Cool

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Talked it over with Dealer this morning. The Have used a lot of the Moto trike ones . They had some reasons they like them. The shear Key was one of them. This is one of those time I go with the one that gets paid to to know. Parts will be order, they will get it in when they get here.
    This chit keeps up I will have more in the bike Than our first home.
    Know the feeling .. Is for sure I know when have a $8,000 05 Dyna that would be worth 5K on the Market maybe 6K tops to the Right Buyer if got lucky .. Would even consider Trading it in as $3500 would be about the best would get on Trade ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    Know the feeling .. Is for sure I know when have a $8,000 05 Dyna that would be worth 5K on the Market maybe 6K tops to the Right Buyer if got lucky .. Would even consider Trading it in as $3500 would be about the best would get on Trade ..
    At are age we don't justify it we just do it. Like my 1996 I would put what ever I had to in it to keep it going for another generation to enjoy. The Reverse was not a must have, that is why it was not doe right away. As wife and I talked about up coming rides , memories of places we have gotten our self into came up . We decide it was a worth while addition.
    Also it is not like I would let this rig go anyway.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    Parts came in , looks like Monday it gets installed.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2008 105th Anny Ultra
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Parts came in , looks like Monday it gets installed.
    No backing out now (pun intended).
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dawg Click here to enlarge
    No backing out now (pun intended).
    Well if you really look at it by midday Monday we should be backing out. I guess these means to scope I was looking at will have to wait a bit.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    Dropped it off today. Weather is suppose to get nasty on Saturday. 4 degrees when I left the house heading to Dealer. But it was a nice ride . Should be done Monday some time.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast