HarleyTalking

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

GTS Boom in a pre 2019?

The GTS Boom in 2019 is a different system than 2018 and down. It has been stated that the 2019 is not backwards comparable and a swap can not be done. Keep in mind 50% or more of the net is a scam. I have found no proof this works. but for you entertainment . here is the claim.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

For those who would like the newer benefits of the GTS it sucks it isn't backward compatible.

For my use/needs the newer GTS doesn't have anything l would use. l use the FM radio frequently when riding local. Been using wired headsets for years and have no intention on changing. Installed the PTT switch since VOX was a pain in the ass for us. Have my Garmin Roadtech 665 installed on my handlebar and wired in and use it for routing, traffic, weather and XM radio. Keep the Harley gps zoomed out occasionally on trips for reference. (BigLew55's posting of installing the Garmin GPS and his use of the HD gps zoomed out allowed me to do this.) Have a few hundred songs on a usb as well.

Since l have no desire for wireless or carplay, l have what l need.
    [COLOR=#820040][COLOR=silver]My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=blue]
    [/COLOR]

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    My 2017 System does more than I use. I be,,, if I will be playing with google this and that while I ride. Not a mod I will be doing.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Tetris Champion!
    Bike
    2018 FLHTK
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    For those who would like the newer benefits of the GTS it sucks it isn't backward compatible.

For my use/needs the newer GTS doesn't have anything l would use. l use the FM radio frequently when riding local. Been using wired headsets for years and have no intention on changing. Installed the PTT switch since VOX was a pain in the ass for us. Have my Garmin Roadtech 665 installed on my handlebar and wired in and use it for routing, traffic, weather and XM radio. Keep the Harley gps zoomed out occasionally on trips for reference. (BigLew55's posting of installing the Garmin GPS and his use of the HD gps zoomed out allowed me to do this.) Have a few hundred songs on a usb as well.

Since l have no desire for wireless or carplay, l have what l need.
    Glad I could help. This is the set up I still prefer.

While I would always prefer equipment that runs better and faster, my impression of the new unit is that it's just faster. All of the features look the same, and the GPS is the same format. For the $2K, I could buy 3 NICE GPS units or 10 disposable ones.
    __________________________________________________ __

2018 FLHTK
    1965 FLHFB
    2016.5 XL1200CX (Buh Bye)
    2015 FLHTK (C Ya)
    2011 FLHTK (Gonzo)
    2009 FLHX (gone)
    2004 FLHTCUI (gonner)
    2003 FLTRI/FLHTCI (farther gone)
    1999 FLHR (long gone)
    1981 FXE (gonnest)

A wife, three daughters, and even my GPS tells me what to do!