HarleyTalking

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

Darkside a 750 Street with sidecar.

So the RGU sidecar rig has gone dark. Now time to figure out the Street 750 sidecar rig . Factory tire is a bit odd shaped a 140/75R15.
    looking at 3 options now that should work. Looks like plenty of room . With a Street tugging a sidecar IMO a tire that lower ration would be better than one that raises it. However 1/2 MPH at 65 would make no real difference.
    165/65r15 would be an inch wider than stock and it you be very close on gearing 65.49 vs 65 MPH
    165/60R15 would be almost prefect 63.68 vs 65 Mph.
    155/60R/15 would work 62.36 vs 65 mph
    Any input is welcome.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2009 Heritage, 1983 V65, Bad Ass 2011 Dyna, 14 VROD Muscle, 78 XS 1100
    If you had a tuner, I think you could adjust the speedometer... I replied on another post about the darkside, I'm a huge proponent as it really works well on a motorcycle. All of the naysayers haven't tried it or are just being aggravating because they can. That will likely be the last tire you will ever have to put on the bike.
    Riding between the lines,
    PD

“Ride with an idle whip, Ride with an unused heel. But once in a way, there will come a day... When the colt must be taught to feel, the lash that falls, and the curb that galls, and the sting of the rowelled heel.”

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    So the RGU sidecar rig has gone dark. Now time to figure out the Street 750 sidecar rig . Factory tire is a bit odd shaped a 140/75R15.
    looking at 3 options now that should work. Looks like plenty of room . With a Street tugging a sidecar IMO a tire that lower ration would be better than one that raises it. However 1/2 MPH at 65 would make no real difference.
    165/65r15 would be an inch wider than stock and it you be very close on gearing 65.49 vs 65 MPH
    165/60R15 would be almost prefect 63.68 vs 65 Mph.
    155/60R/15 would work 62.36 vs 65 mph
    Any input is welcome.

Just because of the width recommending 140 think I would go with the 155 ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Poor_Dog Click here to enlarge
    If you had a tuner, I think you could adjust the speedometer... I replied on another post about the darkside, I'm a huge proponent as it really works well on a motorcycle. All of the naysayers haven't tried it or are just being aggravating because they can. That will likely be the last tire you will ever have to put on the bike.
    Adjusting speed would not be a real issue. The Street tire has a strange shape It appears any of those 3 will fit width wise. Not high on the list of thing I must get done now , but it will happen .
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."