HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

Another sidecar project

Here we go again . Some time back I posted about a rider I met and allowed to try my Street with a sidecar. He owns a Street 750 and has put 30,000 miles on it. Over winter he decided he wanted one with a sidecar. Purchased a second Street 750 with only 54 miles on it at a very good price. After we searched for a used hack it was clear buying new was best in his case.
    Friday the bike and side show up here and We will figure out when to mount it up. In total work it is less than two days. Snow and Ice make things a bit harder. Cleared out a path yesterday to get them in the bike room. Don't get any ideas I am not going in the sidecar business . I have the experience, the place and the tools to do the work. Helping him reach his goal just seems right. Kind of how riding was 40 years ago.
    More on it as we get at it.
    First you have to get it in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

That's a whole lotta shoveling. That's very good of you to help out a fellow rider like that.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    That's a whole lotta shoveling. That's very good of you to help out a fellow rider like that.
    Going to be fun. It good to see his excitement about it and how he took the time to do the research and make sure it is what he wanted. I have a surprise for him the hardest mount that needs to be made the lower rear is all ready made.
    He will get a chance to learn how to do , this just speeds up the install a bit.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Will be watching how this turns out .. Experience is the best teacher ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2009 Heritage, 1983 V65, Bad Ass 2011 Dyna, 14 VROD Muscle, 78 XS 1100
    I'm watching... I'd love to own a hack
    Riding between the lines,
    PD

“Ride with an idle whip, Ride with an unused heel. But once in a way, there will come a day... When the colt must be taught to feel, the lash that falls, and the curb that galls, and the sting of the rowelled heel.”

Bike
    So it begins. The bike he picked up for it was what he wanted a 750 Street 254 miles on it and he did get a deal on it. The sidecar is a new Velorex 563. Not sure when we start on the work but it is out of the box.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    This is how it was crated.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    09 ultra black
    That wood from the crate looks Goodnuf to reuse. I have made all kinds of things I have Cratewood.
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    That wood from the crate looks Goodnuf to reuse. I have made all kinds of things I have Cratewood.
    May look good in pictures, rough cut/plain junk but yea it could be used for some thing. I chose fire wood.
    When I purchased my Velorex it had a cheap junk China tire on it. His showed up with a Dunlap in the box .
    Dianne Feinstein:

Firewood is always a good choice.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast