HarleyTalking

Thread: TCA plug

Bike
    2008 105th Anny Ultra

TCA plug

This past season I started to be plagued by the dreaded limp mode and the subsequent codes that go along with it. Each time I would unplug the TCA plug behind the air cleaner, plug it back in, clear the codes and be on my way. Finally got around to changing the pins per TT418A. Hopefully it fixes the problem for good. Really donít want to have to replace the throttle body as that gets expensive. Also threw on the rubber protection boot for the plug that comes standard on the Rushmore bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Hopefully you have it fixed .. They had to change my ECM when I kept going into Limp Mode on my 09 Ultra, fortunately my Extended Warranty covered it ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I had to change my throttlebody it lost her tooth and we chatted her before I started it up but then he would run fine it sounded like a woodpecker under the tank but I bought a used one on eBay I could not replace just the motor and gear so I found a used throttlebody itís working fine now and I sold the bike to my neighbor
    I never had mine go into the limp mode I read about these things so when I took possession of the new bike back in 09 I put liquid electrical tape around the plug that plugs into the throttlebody and never had a problem
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    I had to change my throttlebody it lost her tooth and we chatted her before I started it up but then he would run fine it sounded like a woodpecker under the tank but I bought a used one on eBay I could not replace just the motor and gear so I found a used throttlebody it’s working fine now and I sold the bike to my neighbor
    I never had mine go into the limp mode I read about these things so when I took possession of the new bike back in 09 I put liquid electrical tape around the plug that plugs into the throttlebody and never had a problem

My problem was fretting at the small little plug wires to the ECM itself ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse