HarleyTalking

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

HD primary and trans lube new stuff

So HD has put out a Heavy SYn gear lube for both primary and Trans. It is an 80W-140. Of course gear lube and engine oils are measured different and a the 80W140 is not far off from what a 20/50 engine oil would be.
    I am curious as to how it will work in the primary with a wet clutch. 1 Quart on the table it is going in soon.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    I’ll stick with form+ in the primary. I’ve had good luck with it. As for tranny, I run good old gear oil similar in weight to HD’s new stuff.
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Had Great Luck with Amsoil for 15 Years , Sticking with it until a reason not to ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    F+ works great so does just about any 20/50 SNY. I would not use amsoil period due to their scam marketing great sny but I dislike scams. With a sidecar more stress is placed on every part of the drive line. Just curious how it will work.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Interested in hearing your results. And curious why HD came out with this new gear lube.
    [COLOR=#820040][COLOR=silver]My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=blue]
    [/COLOR]

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    Interested in hearing your results. And curious why HD came out with this new gear lube.
    Put it in this morning. Only a short ride with it. It will take a few miles to get a feel for it. 80-140 is not a lot different than 20/50 engine oil for how thick it is.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2014 Road King
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    Had Great Luck with Amsoil for 15 Years , Sticking with it until a reason not to ..
    Me too Have used in in last 2 bikes 10 years with no oil related problems..I am sticking with it
    Haywire/Mark

Click here to enlarge
    CMC

If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space !!!

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge

That thought crossed my mind as well .. While could see it in warmer Climates like TX, AZ, FL etc .. Seems a bit heavy to me for the Primary for cooler climates north of Kentucky .. While I do run Amsoil 75W140 in the Tranny on my Dyna never had a problem using 20W50 over even 10W40 in the Primary which some recommend .. Basically the W stands for Winter in Oil Ratings which starting cold you have 80 which may be fine.. Redline has had 80W140 for quite a while and never heard of any problems ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    09 ultra black
    For primary when I had the 2009 I would use the formula plus because of the compensator problems that seem to do the best to help oil the situation. On my 98 fat boy I just use straight 30 weight oil
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...