HarleyTalking
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    So, Thanks to Tom, I received the Ignition module and MAP sensor. I am not sure wether the MAP sensor was actually broken, but decided to change it anyway. The error code suggested Hi or Low MAP... but I think the problem was really with the ignition module. I now have a new Bank angle sensor (upgraded model), Ignition module and MAP sensor>>> Yeehaa!! I also took the opportunity to replace the Intake seals as well as the carb to intake seal. The bike runs smooth as silk so absolutely no complaints! Thanks to everyone who gave me hints and ideas! Cheers!
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    Good deal. Glad it’s all worked out.
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

It's a great feeling when a mechanical puzzle is solved. A big relief. Nice you're up and running again!
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Azrider Click here to enlarge
    It's a great feeling when a mechanical puzzle is solved. A big relief. Nice you're up and running again!
    Thanks Az... yes ... itís a big relief! But a lot of guessing and a bit of overkill in terms of new sensors and module... but all cool! Good feeling that at least these parts are new!! Lol!! Thatís what you get when u you play mechanic! But sheís running and thatís the important thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doc Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Az... yes ... it’s a big relief! But a lot of guessing and a bit of overkill in terms of new sensors and module... but all cool! Good feeling that at least these parts are new!! Lol!! That’s what you get when u you play mechanic! But she’s running and that’s the important thing!!

For a Bike Your Age I really don't call it overkill .. Parts even over here are getting hard to find on mine which 5 years newer than yours .. I have done basically the same as you did and have no regrets because shouldn't have any more worries in that department for years to come .. Only reason I replaced my MAP Sensor , it is a PITA to get to and when did the Intake Seals had to remove it anyway so put a New one in place and now seriously doubt while ever have worry about it again in my lifetime being near 70 .. Glad you are up running right again ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    For a Bike Your Age I really don't call it overkill .. Parts even over here are getting hard to find on mine which 5 years newer than yours .. I have done basically the same as you did and have no regrets because shouldn't have any more worries in that department for years to come .. Only reason I replaced my MAP Sensor , it is a PITA to get to and when did the Intake Seals had to remove it anyway so put a New one in place and now seriously doubt while ever have worry about it again in my lifetime being near 70 .. Glad you are up running right again ..
    Agree! In my case I wanted at the MAP sensor and took the opportunity to change the intake seals. Tricky to get at for sure! Tom showed me some special tools for the intake manifold that would have helped!

"Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456