HarleyTalking
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Always a relief to find out the problem.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Well done
    Now a new switch Click here to enlarge
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Sure
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

So the new Bank Angle sensor arrived, thank you Tom, but... it did not work! I tried to reset the sensor by switching the ignition on and off according to info I found on the web. Unfortunately it did not help. Next step is to try and read my error codes which is not so easy on my -00 model. It is done by bridging two pins on the data link connector, terminals 1 and 2. Then turn the ignition switch on and wait app 10 seconds (4 seconds lamp on, 6 seconds lamp off). Then the lamp will start flashing and you count the flashes to get the codes... will be weekend job. So, I guess it comes down to the ignition module after all unless someone has another idea... Cheers!!
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Put everything together and just for fun tried to start it again... and it started!!?? Confused. It’s been like this one time before... started for a while and then the same thing again... fired up and then stalled.

I ran the diagnostics... I’ll post a video of the “flashing”. Not sure how to interpret it...
    Ordered a new brain... thanks again Tom, and I will change the Ignition modules either way... just to be sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doc Click here to enlarge
    Put everything together and just for fun tried to start it again... and it started!!?? Confused. It’s been like this one time before... started for a while and then the same thing again... fired up and then stalled.

I ran the diagnostics... I’ll post a video of the “flashing”. Not sure how to interpret it...
    Ordered a new brain... thanks again Tom, and I will change the Ignition modules either way... just to be sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's things like this that can drive you Nuts .. On my 05 Dyna I replaced it all after replacing my Intake Seals which tested and got a slight rpm rise when sprayed with WD 40 which thought for sure was the only problem .. After doing that was getting a slight plug miss at idle then would die .. Determined that to be the CPK which was ready available and an easy swap and all was well at idle anyway .. Testing it on the Road at speeds from 30 -85 MPH through the Gears still got a slight miss so replaced the Ignition Module with a Dynatec 2000, which has an Adjustible Advance and RPM Limit .. Only reason didn't go with a Stock Ignition Module the only one could find right away was priced even Higher than the Dynatec and was dated 2004 and they wanted almost double the original OEM price .. Anyway after getting the Dynatec Module tuned in still had a slight miss now and then .. Now this next item is only 2004-2006 with a Carb .. Replaced the MAP Sensor which sits on top of the Intake Manifold and Finally Problem Solved Hot or Cold Engine, Low RPM's or High runs like a Top ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    It's things like this that can drive you Nuts .. On my 05 Dyna I replaced it all after replacing my Intake Seals which tested and got a slight rpm rise when sprayed with WD 40 which thought for sure was the only problem .. After doing that was getting a slight plug miss at idle then would die .. Determined that to be the CPK which was ready available and an easy swap and all was well at idle anyway .. Testing it on the Road at speeds from 30 -85 MPH through the Gears still got a slight miss so replaced the Ignition Module with a Dynatec 2000, which has an Adjustible Advance and RPM Limit .. Only reason didn't go with a Stock Ignition Module the only one could find right away was priced even Higher than the Dynatec and was dated 2004 and they wanted almost double the original OEM price .. Anyway after getting the Dynatec Module tuned in still had a slight miss now and then .. Now this next item is only 2004-2006 with a Carb .. Replaced the MAP Sensor which sits on top of the Intake Manifold and Finally Problem Solved Hot or Cold Engine, Low RPM's or High runs like a Top ..
    Yes Jay ... definitely is a brain twister! Hopefully replacing both the MAP sensor and the Ignition module will do the work! I will let you know the outcome as soon as I get the parts. Either way, its a good opportunity to clean the parts of the bike you usually do not get to! Click here to enlarge
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doc Click here to enlarge
    Yes Jay ... definitely is a brain twister! Hopefully replacing both the MAP sensor and the Ignition module will do the work! I will let you know the outcome as soon as I get the parts. Either way, its a good opportunity to clean the parts of the bike you usually do not get to! Click here to enlarge

Wishing you all the Best .. Click here to enlarge
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast