HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride plan

Bike
    2019 FLTRU

Ride plan

Wife and I are in the initial planning stages of heading to KS to see our youngest daughter. So far the plan is to take 4 days to get there. First night stay in Akron NY area, second night in Ft Wayne IN, third night St. Charles MO area before arriving in Junction City KS. Each leg will be about 400 miles. Unfortunately, it will be interstate riding for the trip. Plan is to head out Jul 30 and arrive Aug 2, stay until Mon and head back Tue, arriving back in VT Fri Aug 9.
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    Well we made the trip, had a blast seeing the different scenery along the way. 3270.2 miles total. Tranny fluid stayed where it was supposed to after the vent install. Bike burned 1/2 qt oil on the way, and 1/2 qt on the way back. We camped the first two nights and stayed in a motel on the third night both there and back. Just a few perspectives....once you leave the east coast, bikers on the other side of the interstate (even across a dividing median and several lanes) will make a point to wave and make sure you see them (that doesn’t happen here in the northeast). Also, when in the right lane and coming up on a slower moving vehicle, a faster vehicle coming up on the left from behind will slow down and hang back anticipating that you would want to switch lanes (that also doesn’t happen here - people don’t give a shit and will not care if you’re stuck behind a slower vehicle). People are also friendlier once you leave the northeast. Finally, the roads suck out there. One would think being in the northeast that the roads would be in rough shape, but they are 100x better than those in OH, IL, IN, KS, and MO. The interstates in those states were hell.

Dawg, I travel for work through Indiana, Kansas, Missouri and Illinois. Be thankful you did not drive through Oklahoma, there youíll find the worst roads in the entire freaking country. People are friendly, no question about that. Iím glad you had a safe ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dawg Click here to enlarge
    Well we made the trip, had a blast seeing the different scenery along the way. 3270.2 miles total. Tranny fluid stayed where it was supposed to after the vent install. Bike burned 1/2 qt oil on the way, and 1/2 qt on the way back. We camped the first two nights and stayed in a motel on the third night both there and back. Just a few perspectives....once you leave the east coast, bikers on the other side of the interstate (even across a dividing median and several lanes) will make a point to wave and make sure you see them (that doesn’t happen here in the northeast). Also, when in the right lane and coming up on a slower moving vehicle, a faster vehicle coming up on the left from behind will slow down and hang back anticipating that you would want to switch lanes (that also doesn’t happen here - people don’t give a shit and will not care if you’re stuck behind a slower vehicle). People are also friendlier once you leave the northeast. Finally, the roads suck out there.

One would think being in the northeast that the roads would be in rough shape, but they are 100x better than those in OH, IL, IN, KS, and MO. The interstates in those states were hell.

Can Add Michigan to that List as Well especially the Interstates in South MI unless changed since I was last there .. Last time I rode it a few drivers probably thought I was drunk the way I was dodging potholes ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    09 ultra black
    We fix our roads here in Indiana with recycled plastic .....;(
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Glad you had a safe trip...do you have photos?
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldskyking Click here to enlarge
    Glad you had a safe trip...do you have photos?
    Nothing really special, just a few random shots of camping along the way
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    Don’t know why they all came out sideways. Anyhow, we camped two of three nights each way. One place we stayed at (Buck Creek State Park in Springfield OH) on both ways which is where the ducks crossing the road and the tent with bike pic was taken. The bottom pic was taken in Darien Lakes NY state park. On the way out we used pool floaties for a mattress to keep the luggage minimal. The way back we decided to buy actual blow up camping mattresses.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dawg Click here to enlarge
    Donít know why they all came out sideways. Anyhow, we camped two of three nights each way. One place we stayed at (Buck Creek State Park in Springfield OH) on both ways which is where the ducks crossing the road and the tent with bike pic was taken. The bottom pic was taken in Darien Lakes NY state park. On the way out we used pool floaties for a mattress to keep the luggage minimal. The way back we decided to buy actual blow up camping mattresses.
    Buck must've really gotten around. We have a Buck Creek St Pk just outside Charleston, SC. A delightful place to camp and fish. Ride safe in your travels.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Thanx for sharing the photos...first time I saw ducks walking uphill (LOL). Good looking ride.
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast