HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolts&Nuts

Bolts&Nuts

While trying to figure out why my bike would not start I replaced the Cam Position sensor (which in the end proved to be ok). To my surprise I found that the bolt holding the engine to the engine mount was broken and the nut missing. Checked the other side and found that bolt to be totally gone!!! Click here to enlarge I thought there was more vibrations than before, but not that bad!! So take this as friendly reminder to check your bolts and nuts (the bikes...) and do better than I did... And BTW, Dawg was right again of course as to why the bike didn't start ... the Bank Angle Switch... Thanks Dawg! Click here to enlarge
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Bike
    09 ultra black
    If you don’t keep an eye on your nuts and bolts Who will ,,,, LOL
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Lol
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country

Thumbs up

I did check the Motor Mounts on my Dyna Replaced the Front One because look like this ..

DynaOldMount.jpg

Replaced it with this one .. Rides Smooth as Butter Now ..

DynaPredator.jpg

Then Relocated Filter so the New Mount won't look that way again ..

Filter Relocate.jpg
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bolts&Nuts

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    I did check the Motor Mounts on my Dyna Replaced the Front One because look like this ..

DynaOldMount.jpg

Replaced it with this one .. Rides Smooth as Butter Now ..

DynaPredator.jpg

Then Relocated Filter so the New Mount won't look that way again ..

Filter Relocate.jpg
    Thatís a great idea! Is that aftermarket brand good? I hear that many aftermarket engine mounts are to stiff...?
    It looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    The Predator Front Mount was well worth the Money .. On this Dyna anyway can't speak for other Models .. The Filter Relocate got a good discount on so grabbed it when saw how easy Oil could leak and ruin the New Mount as well as possibly short out the Stator the way it's wired into the Regulator ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    The Predator Front Mount was well worth the Money .. On this Dyna anyway can't speak for other Models .. The Filter Relocate got a good discount on so grabbed it when saw how easy Oil could leak and ruin the New Mount as well as possibly short out the Stator the way it's wired into the Regulator ..
    Seems like a good solution!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Phuket!! Let's Ride!!!"

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Once a year I take mine to the dealer and have them go over it. Not expensive to do . A tech that is paid to work on these bikes everyday knows what they are looking at. they know what things they see on these bikes. yes I go over my own bikes but we all have a way of BS our self miss things . Nothing wrong with an objective eye going over it. Di it each year some time before our May ride. This year they found a tail light that was working but the voltage to it was low. Turned out to be a ground issue.
    Was repaired at no extra cost
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast