HarleyTalking

Bike
    2019 FLTRU

A different spin on extending stock shift pegs......

I moved my foot boards out an inch so wanted to extend my shift pegs an inch. I originally was going to use another stock peg rubber and cut it in half and get a longer bolt like many have done. I happen to look at the leftover spacers I had on hand from the 53804-06 detachable docking kit and got another idea. I used one spacer ( 53747-97) on each end of the stock peg, two 1” sleeve spacers from a hardware store and a 5/16-24 x 3 1/2 bolt. The sleeve spacers go inside the rubber only as the holes in the leftover docking kit spacers are exactly 5/16 ID. I happened to have 4 spacers from the two different docking kits on hand so I did both pegs. This makes the 2” stock peg now 3” long and adds a touch of chrome without changing the pegs altogether. I think it looks like it was made that way. Now all I have to do is purchase one of the extended heel shifter arms to make more room on the board.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Looks like a Great Idea other than may Scrape your Pegs a bit sooner in the turns ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Looks like a fix for you. Making a bike fit you is the mother of invention. Now put the parts in a bag set up an Ebay sight. Start a rumor of defective size HD shifters and once the hype spreads offer up your fix.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Now put the parts in a bag set up an Ebay sight. Start a rumor of defective size HD shifters and once the hype spreads offer up your fix.
    The defective sized shifter pegs are rumored to lead to transmission oil migration into the primary due to the imbalance on the primary side. My pegs will add the extra weight needed to keep your transmission oil where it belongs. Get yours today for only two easy payments $19.99. But wait, there’s more.....if your order today, and today only you will also receive a matching brake pedal. That’s two shifter pegs and a matching brake pedal for two low payments of $19.99. Supplies limited, don’t waste any time!
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I’m sold !!!!!
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dawg Click here to enlarge
    The defective sized shifter pegs are rumored to lead to transmission oil migration into the primary due to the imbalance on the primary side. My pegs will add the extra weight needed to keep your transmission oil where it belongs. Get yours today for only two easy payments $19.99. But wait, there’s more.....if your order today, and today only you will also receive a matching brake pedal. That’s two shifter pegs and a matching brake pedal for two low payments of $19.99. Supplies limited, don’t waste any time!
    l'm sure there will be some takers! Some may want to vent the heel shifter tho and keep the rpm's under 3,000.
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.