HarleyTalking
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not a Good Trip

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    The Indian is at Waynesville Indian Dealer Now Their Latest Assessment is it will be repaired unless after tearing it down find more damage than they think it has and then it will be Totaled .. Their Service Manager seems to to know his shit and said call him anytime .. Only thing not happy about here Indian is not famous for quick delivery on Parts .. Hoping I might get Lucky there .. Time Will Tell ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2016 FLHXS, 07 FXST
    Jay, good to know you weren't seriously injured. Hopefully it wont take long to fix the bike. It took 3 months for a Harley dealer to fix my Street Glide last year, after a very similar accident (guy in a van pulled out right in front on me). Had to go back a few times for missed things, luckily tje frame was ok.
    Insurance is a bit defferent here in BC. We have government mandated basic insurance and optional private insurance.
    My private ins company, Intact, were excellent to deal with. Got everything fixed that I showed them, and everything the dealer found. Was bad enough to need major repairs, but not enough to write it off. Here it has to be 70% damaged before they do.
    I also have a lawyer and am in proceedings to settle with the Gov insurance over damages and injuries. It will take some time to get it settled. And to get the bike sorted out. In the meantime, focus on yourself and I hope you heal quickly.
    Last edited by Sixpak; 07-13-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Bike
    I also have a lawyer and am in proceedings to settle with the Gov insurance over damages and injuries. It will take some time to get it settled. And to get the bike sorted out. In the meantime, focus on yourself and I hope you heal quickly.

Have Lawyer Myself for the Simple Reason I am Dealing with the Postal Service as they don't carry Insurance their cover their own ass when things like this happen .. Don't blame me if the price of Postage Stamps go up .. Click here to enlarge

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Stamps
    Snail mail
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    Finally heard from the Service Manager from Waynesville nothing official yet but said he recommends a Total but the Insurance Company is the deciding factor but the Agents in that area are dumber than a box of rocks .. Pretty Sure for now may go with a Mint Looking 2011 Victory Cross Country can get for $7,500 with 21,000 Miles for the Long Haul and 2 Up, and set the rest aside and see what get for Injuries later on and then might possibly think about another Indian or Harley .. Having one of the Best Victory Wrench/Builder 20 miles is a big factor on this and he has taken care of this ride since it was bought .. Was Service Manager for Victory for 12 years .. All Depends on what I get for the Bike Itself from Insurance .. Have found another 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse for $17,000 with Low Mileage and Bone Stock and also found a sweet looking 2015 Road Glide that might get for 17,000 OTD but the $7,500 will hurt the least in my pocket right now and can set the rest aside and recover most of that 7,500 back in Trade if decide to switch.. Am not totally out of the woods yet or possible damage to myself .. Still have more Medical Tests to do and Doctors to See .. Still have an Elbow and Hip that are swollen pretty good and painful at times ..

Bike
    2014 Road King
    Sounds like you have a couple irons in the fire Jay....most importantly get fully healed up my friend....if I remember right you have something to ride while you decide Click here to enlarge
    Haywire/Mark

Click here to enlarge
    CMC

If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space !!!

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Continue healing Buddy ,,, Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Yep the Healing is the important.. Although Talk about Murphy's Law , was going to take the Dyna for a short ride and found the fuel valve shut off ( petcock) is busted, so be a week before receive that .. I could get a cheap after market china made one but the True HD Fuel Shut Off is $60 and the Chinese Junk is $45 .. I can wait a few days Dr's don't want me to be riding yet anyway ..

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Is that a carbureted Dana. I put a high flow petcock on my evo fatboy got a used one but in good shape no longer has the vacuum I have to remember to turn it off now lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123